Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3Lite as a slave for HC3: How does it work??

okidoki

Question

Hi, I Have a HC3 with about 40 devices. Works fine so far.  

I have a basement where i want to monitor the acces control of the basement, with a door sensor.

However: the concrete is so thick that the sensor is no longer seen by the HC3 after  a few weeks/days. I even tried to install a dimmer into the basement to act as a kind of transponder but that does nog work either.

So my new idea is to put a HC3lite into the basement (I do have wifi there), and install the door sensor on the HC3lite.

I guess i have to install the HC3Lite as slave?

But i would like to see the doorsensor on my HC3, is that possible?

Or is it only visible on the HC3Lite?

If its on the slave how can i acces it from the HC3?

Hope anyone can help,

thks !

2 answers to this question

Hi @okidoki,

With Master Slave in HC3 and HC3L you manage HC3L from HC3 BUI, so you do not need to do anything in HC3L, only update it to 5.071+ and factory reset it.

• Both HC3 and HC3L must be on version 5.071+.
  • HC3L must be factory reseted or it will not work. Do not go through Wizard on HC3L. Just leave it as it is.
  • If HC3L is factory reseted it needst to be added from HC3 -> Settings -> Connected gateways. Wizard there will tell you more.
  • You add D/W sesnor in HC3 GUI, but in case of inclusion you need to choose HC3L instead HC3.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Edited by jakub.jezek
  • Thanks 2

• Inquirer
  • Hi

On 7/12/2021 at 11:13 AM, jakub.jezek said:

Hi @okidoki,

With Master Slave in HC3 and HC3L you manage HC3L from HC3 BUI, so you do not need to do anything in HC3L, only update it to 5.071+ and factory reset it.

• Both HC3 and HC3L must be on version 5.071+.
    • HC3L must be factory reseted or it will not work. Do not go through Wizard on HC3L. Just leave it as it is.
    • If HC3L is factory reseted it needst to be added from HC3 -> Settings -> Connected gateways. Wizard there will tell you more.
    • You add D/W sesnor in HC3 GUI, but in case of inclusion you need to choose HC3L instead HC3.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Hi,

So thats the way it works, thks!