Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec HEM-3 software reconfiguration hang up all system

afendikov

I'm really don't understand, how Fibaro developers writing software for HC3.

Because it's so not-user friendly.

In last beta there is Energy Panel.

I  had reconfigured Aeotec Home Energy Meter (HEM-3) to have all new features. And result is just make me mad.

reason 1 - after software reconfig. there is 30 child devices now. And I think everyone is knowing today, that 30 child devices will spam history with so much data. 

I'm sure that's a good way - to disable "Save events to History" for all 30 childs by default.

Or to make user choice right after adding deivce - like Fibaro HC2 propose to choose Type of devices when adding Double Switches - by default it's a "Light", but user can choose other option right after adding device.

In my case - I need to open Advanced Tab 30 times and disable "Save events" manually.

reason 2 - all system goes very slow after soft. reconfig. it take like 10 times longer to configure devices...

reason 3 - main device have type "Consumption", but Child devices have type - "Production" (!!??!!??) Why ? What is the logic ? Just need to do some manual options again

This option is very helpful to choose after adding process too - Consumption / Production - for parent AND ALL childs 

reason 4 - I can't disable option "Take into consideration indication in the Energy Panel". It just re-appears as Enabled after any settings.

Anyone know, how to disable Energy Panel and not waste CPU time and Memory?

I can't find any option to disable that buggy sfuff :(

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by afendikov
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, afendikov said:

Anyone know, how to disable Energy Panel and not waste CPU time and Memory?

Yes, install the stable version ?

Hem supports a lot of different meters, also in different modes (production/consumption) - because of that you have now this amount of childs as device is fully supported now.
The rate type differs on different devices according to device implementation (reported that way by the device). 

This is the way that AEON created this device in the first place.
Mapping rateType setting and overriding this on the childs by setting this on parent will generate false reports in the system.

As for specific points from your post:

ad1) I will put this request to the backlog 

ad2) are you sure that it is not an issue with your browser? 30 tiles in interface is nothing, I have a system with about 1000 devices and still works ok.

ad3) As explained above, this is reported by the device itself this way - if device reports support for energy meter (for example kWh) with rate type consumption on main device it is probably whole summary consumption from all phases. It is possible that on childs device reports both production and consumption of the same scale - we just present the data reported by the device.
If your system do not produce energy or you are not interested in production values hide those childs in the system manually. We can't determine for user which values are interesting, which should be visible and saved to event panel and which not.

ad4) 
I will check it out right now. 

• Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, m.roszak said:

ad2) are you sure that it is not an issue with your browser? 30 tiles in interface is nothing, I have a system with about 1000 devices and still works ok.

Hi @m.roszak

Thank you for your answers

Browser is ok. I add Qubino power meter to other HC3 with 5.072 beta & Z-Wave 3.0 engine - everything working very fast even with more tiles.

For Aeotec HEM-3 - I remove it from system and add again - still very slow processing

Remove again and back to stable 5.070 + add HEM-3 again with "old" config - everything working fast again ( 103 Z-Wave devices with lots of QA resulting with 300+ tiles )

We will check again HEM, maybe there is something odd there.

Is this GEN1 or GEN2 HEM from Aeon?

On 7/19/2021 at 3:39 PM, m.roszak said:

ad4) 
    Working on it. 

I have the same problem. I have the total energy and the different Lines in the energy panel, and is not possible to disable.

In my case is HEM gen2 with 1.5 firmware 

• Topic Author
  • 15 hours ago, m.roszak said:

We will check again HEM, maybe there is something odd there.

Is this GEN1 or GEN2 HEM from Aeon?

In my case - it’s Aeotec HEM3 Gen5

27 minutes ago, antoniopll said:

I have the same problem. I have the total energy and the different Lines in the energy panel, and is not possible to disable.

In my case is HEM gen2 with 1.5 firmware 

Already fixed, next version resolves this.

Hello, I have aeotec hem3, gen 5 in version 1.5 and the latest beta of HC3, the consumption values go to 0 and I cannot see them in the Yubii App, neither, they are not shown in the energy panel.  Could you help me with this?

• Topic Author
  • 53 minutes ago, PedroChacon said:

Hello, I have aeotec hem3, gen 5 in version 1.5 and the latest beta of HC3, the consumption values go to 0 and I cannot see them in the Yubii App, neither, they are not shown in the energy panel.  Could you help me with this?

Hi @PedroChacon

If you already have HEM3 in your Z-Wave network before beta - you need to do software reconfiguration in "Device configuration" tab

But before reconfiguration - write down all device parameters in "Parameters" tab.

you will need them, because reconfiguration will drop all parameters away.

After that steps, I think you will see devices in Energy Panel.

For Yubii app - unfortunately, it not show Energy Meters in interface.

Maybe it will be implemented in new versions of app.

Simple way to have all data in Yubii app - to write simple QA and to show all Energy data in QA interface.

• Like 1

Hello,

For report data of consumption, is necesary configure parameter 101, 102, 103 to 4144911.

After that you see the reports:

29 minutes ago, antoniopll said:

Hola,

Para reportar datos de consumo, es necesario configurar los parámetros 101, 102, 103 a 4144911.

Después de eso, verá los informes:

Good morning Antonio, thank you very much, you've hit the nail on the head, it refreshes everything perfectly and it's exactly what I wanted.