Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Using both potential free contacts and IN1 and IN2…

Erik Lundin

Question

Hi!

Im trying to use both potential free contacts and both IN1 and IN2 for micro switches at the same time. I dont want IN1 and IN2 to control the contacts though.

Can anyone help me how to configure the parameters for this? Is it possible.

Bakground:

Makin post box smart and controlling light on one of the contacts and electronic lock on the oter. For the IN1 and IN2 im using micro switches to know if the mail has been delivered. (My box has two openings). The switches works perfectly fine. The IN1 and IN2 also works but when in the normally closed/open setting the control the switches. I dont want that to happend. They should be separete from one another. Im running it through Home assistant and the z-wave integration.

Thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

It is possible only for smart implant. It is called local protection in manual. Look for local protection settings ina smart implant manual and apply it through you hub accordingly.

• Inquirer
  • Hi again @Piotr Bojko

Cant really figure this out. attached is from the manual. I how do I set this command class? I guess its not the same in home assistant as in home center.

The table shows version:"V2" and Secure: "Yes", does that mean I need a specific hardware och software version and it must be paired securely to set this "command class"

Thanks again!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

For using COMMAND_CLASS_PROTECTION you must look to your hub. This is different for HCL. HC2 and HC3. With this hubs I would look somewhere around configuration UIs of the Smart  Implant device.

I am using OpenhHab and there such setup is completely different for Smart Implant (it is done through thing advanced channel).

Hi,

Are you using OpenZWave or Z-Wave JS? I'm using Z-Wave JS and on the Control card under devices/Smart Implant I can change the actual parameters from the UI. However I do not see the inputs IN1 and IN2 (!!!) so I have not been able to test it yet.