Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home Centre App does NOT open to "Default" Gateway

Mike MJ

Question

I recently posted this issue with technical Support but I thought it might be worthwhile to post on the Forum to see if others have the same problem with the Home Centre App 

We have discussed this before but I’m repeating it as the software update V 5.081.18 on the HC3 gateway has not corrected it.
For me the issue is that when I open the Home Centre App on my iPhone X, I get the screen as per image IMG_3575 .   The screen just keeps flashing until it eventually times out 

My next step is to tap on the Gateway address at the top centre of the screen and then it will open the screen to the image on IMG_3576 …. This asks to select the gateway … despite there being only 1 gateway in my system and its selected as the default gateway in the HC App on iPhones and iPads. 

After a moment or two the screen will show an attempt to connect to the gateway ….which it eventually does. As per IMG_3577

Once it connects,    the beautiful Fibaro Home Centre App opens as per IMG_ 3578 ….which is a really good app except for this frustration every time I open it. . 

My wife has similar iPhone and iPads and has exactly the same problem 

Is there anything that can be done at my end to fix this or do I need wait for Fibaro to issue a software update for the App ? 
I’d appreciate your advice. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

3 answers to this question

Hi, if need to wait for Fibaro you will have gray hair!

I am on IPhone 11 pro latest fw but not 15!

For me the solution was

-deinstall app

-restart IPhone 

-install app

-select your settings in the app

-I hope it will work for you

My problem since months the app does not reflect the state of the HC3

The arming initiator is often off wjhile the house is armed! and counterwise!

So not handy if you enter the house and alarm is on while you see its off.

//Sjakie

• Inquirer
  • Sjakie thanks for your response. I have tried your method before with no improvement. However you have prompted me to try again . I’ll post the result after a day or two use. 
    ‘Regarding your issue is it related to a setting in your arming device ?  For instance change “normally open” to “ normally closed” ? 

• Inquirer
  • On 10/17/2021 at 10:28 AM, Mike MJ said:

Sjakie thanks for your response. I have tried your method before with no improvement. However you have prompted me to try again . I’ll post the result after a day or two use. 
    ‘Regarding your issue is it related to a setting in your arming device ?  For instance change “normally open” to “ normally closed” ? 

I tried " Delete App" etc and it did not improve the performance of the Home Centre . I'm convinced that the Home Centre App "default gateway" setting does not work. As such whenever the App logs out and back in again the APP cycles until I tap the device bar and it then asks which gateway to connect to. There is only one gateway in my system and the Default gateway is activated . So I await a system update.     If any one has a work around I'd love too hear about it.