Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Z-Wave unresponsive, backup hangs at "stopping services" after updating to 5.090

petergebruers

Just saying.... Installed 5.090 a few days ago. When I write this, I am unable to control any Z-Wave device but the HC3 BUI is still working. Instead of rebooting I thought "let's make a backup, this restarts some services and is often faster". But that did not work as expected, the BUI is stuck on "stopping services". I am not able to do much troubleshooting at this stage, I'll pull the plug and I am sure the HC3 will eventually recover. I did not change anything on my HC3 since installing my HC3. Mmmmmmmmmm not quite true, I did change an port number in a QuickApp because I changed the port number of a server, so I did make a small change and save an FQA. But that was hours ago and debug logging looked normal.

I don't need any assistance with this, I am merely posting this as a warning... Possible gremlin(s) in this version.

Update: system is up and running again after reboot.

• Like 2

If you encounter this again we would like to take a look - we did not experienced anything like this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Hah! This problem will go down history as "a fluke". About 1 hour after I posted this it happened again, but here is the surprise: that was about 14 days ago and did not happen again!

The only other oddity I've noticed a day later was equally weird: one of my 10 year old Fibaro Dimmer 1 modules seemed to have crashed in very weird way: It would still accept Z-Wave commands, it would also respond to button presses and dim up/down as expected. But no data sent either to an associated module nor any date being sent to the controller (not even after soft reconfigure because no response to config get commands). I had to power cycle that module and it has worked flawlessly after that.

After watching 2 seasons of the Netflix series "Dark" I am inclined to think it was either solar flares, radioactive decay, or maybe I am just in a time loop because this weird sh** happens once every 3 years. :D

I am not sure it was a solar flare, unless there was another one yesterday :-)

Yesterday afternoon, I could no longer control any Z-wave device, not via the web client, nor via the mobile app.

But apart from that, the HC3 BUI seemed to work normally, you go to the different sections, scroll through the devices, etc. Only clicking on a device had no effect. Lamps did not turn on, roller/shutters did not move.

It required a reboot to get it working again.

Dark magic? Not so sure after moving from a very stable HC2 setup to all sorts of issues with the HC3...