Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Bathroom ventilation

GuidoD

Question

Hi!

This is my first post, hopefully is my question not that stupid :-)

I would like to make mt ventilation system smarter. I bought some sensors for the kitchen and bathroom. In the kitchen a I have a switch with 0, 1 and 2 to power the ventilator. Upstairs the ventilator is powered with a perplex plug.

Now I bought a fiber double smart module, but ..............

- Where do I connect this? In or behind the switch? In or behind the Wall outlet?

- Do I need extra wires to connect the module to the switch or wall outlet?

Maybe somebody could put me on the right track? Maybe a tutorial or YouTube movie?

TIA!

2 answers to this question

With a Perilex plug it could be easy, because the fan power cable already has the connections for the different fan speeds. I used one Double Relay Switch (FGS-222) to switch between the three speeds.

My fan now only gets voltage from L1 and the double relays switches to either L2 or L3 based on CO2 and humidity measurements. 
(I also have a blockscene that switches OFF L3 when L2 is switched ON and counterwise) 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

There are different connection setups for perilex plugs and also different setups for fans, so you have to measure what the connector setup actually is and what your fan uses. 

It is still high voltage, so if you don’t know what you are doing, get an electricity expert to do it for you !

• Inquirer
  • Thx for your reply and help! 

I think I have to contact you in Dutch if you don't mind. I have sent you a pb.

THX!