Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smart Implant with binary sensor on IN2, momentary pulse gate open on OUT1

Simon W

Question

Fibaro Smart Implant connected as a generic ZWave device on Vera Plus. Gate control working ok on OUT1; can't read binary input on IN2

IN1 - not connected

OUT1 - connected onto gate control's "step-by-step" function, which is a press button short-circuit connection at the motor to trigger open/close

IN2 - magnetic reed switch which is open circuit when gate is open, closed (0 ohms) when gate is closed

OUT2 - not connected

I have separated 1 from 2 as I do not need/want interaction between them, and using Vera I don't have an easy way to change Protection classes.

The device is added to Vera as a generic device, which creates a set of nine devices:

• The Smart Implant itself (id 147)
  • _Temperature Sensor - 148
  • _Generic IO - 149
  • _Generic IO 1 - 150
  • _GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor) - 151
  • _GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor) - 152
  • _Appliance Module - 153
  • _Appliance Module 1 - 154
  • _GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor) - 155

I have configured the following configuration settings in the Smart Implant (master device):

• 21-IN2 operating mode: 0 (alarm, normally closed) - so it will be in alarm state when the sensor is 'open', i.e. when the gate is open
  • 156-OUT1 auto off: 1 (0.1s pulse)

Observations so far for OUT1

1. If I switch "_Appliance Module" to ON, the gate opens... So I assume that "_Appliance Module" is the OUT1 switch
  2. I have to re-switch "_Appliance Module" to OFF, it does not return to OFF automatically
  3. If I hit ON again, it closes

So I have basic open/close functionality, but would like to have the "_Appliance Module" switch accurately reflect what parameter 156 is making it do - a 0.1s "ON" then return to "OFF". I can always resolve that downstream in Home Assistant though, by automating an "off" +1s after it is turned "on".

Observations so far for IN2

I have no idea though, where and how to read the state of IN2. I think that "_Generic IO" is IN1, and "_Generic IO 1" is IN2 (maybe?) but it does not reflect the status of the gate and its magnetic reed switch opening/closing.

Can anyone assist with how to configure so IN2 reflects its status?

3 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • I've completed a very simple script in Home Assistant which triggers a 'switch off' 1/2s after "_Appliance Module" is activated, so I now have full open/close control via the Smart Implant by pushing a button in Home Assistant ?

All I need to work out now is how to read the state of IN2! 

• Inquirer
  • Further progress has been made in that I now have the IN2 input assigned a door sensor type in Vera (as it is a door open/closed magnetic sensor attached), but it's still not correctly flagging to the open/closed status on IN2. Is there a way to "see" what IN2 is seeing on input when the magnetic switch is open or closed? I.e. a parameter that can be read to show what the device is seeing on input side?

• Inquirer
  • Sorted it...

Using a variation of work here: 

Please login or register to see this link.

but not the defnitions from the third post, from later down the thread and with some edits for NC instead of NO.