Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Thermostat in Google

Neo Andersson

Hello guys

Does anyone know about any thermostat which is Zwave and yet have Google assistant support init?

As you know, people using Fibaro systems are not able to control their Thermostats by Google in any means.

The only way that a thermostat can be acessed within Google assistant is, if you put your thermostat into manual mode. After that Google can recognize the thermostat at user can say commands like "warm up Livingroom", so Google will increase the temperature in livingroom. (Unfortunatelly it doesnt work if user is in schedule mode.)

Controlling a thermostats is really underdeveloped in Fibaro. User can't use HOLD optioin while in YUBII app..User can't access the schedule plan from Yubbi..so its a bit  of shame..

However, if i could at least access my thermostat by voice, it could improve my feelings a bit..So thats why i am looking for a Google supported Z wave thermostat, so we dont need to be bothered by Fibaro problems within Google home.

Or if someone has a workaround for having Zwave thermostats accessable in Google Home even when we have shcedules active.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

How to put thermostat into manual mode? On 4.7 and above cant control thermostat by voice by Alexa

• Topic Author
  • Fibaro Thermostats in general are not supported in Google. They are not recogniozed. However if you put thermostat/zone to manual mode you will be able to control it by voice. At least by Google. I dont know Alexa, but i think it is the same.

Just go to your zone and set some temperature that you want, and change time frame to HOLD.

Unfortunatelly you can't do this in YUBII app, only from PC interface. For some unexplicable reason, Fibaro developers didnt allow us the choose HOLD option while you are in mobile APP.

• Topic Author
  • Please check the pictures.

But unfortunatelly, as I said to you, it is not possible to set time frame to HOLD option in YUBII mobile app. I just can hope, Fibaro will change this in some updates.

You need to do this in PC or make a Quick App to do it.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.