Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Violet SmartSwitch

rodkai

Question

Hi,

Is there a way to integrate the Violet SmartSwitch with Fibaro HC2, so that scenes can be triggered from the SmartSwitch?

It looks like they have managed to integrate the switch with Home Assistant, using Emulated HUE.

The switch looks very cool, and it would be great to have it work with Fibaro.

Please login or register to see this link.

Best regards

Kai

2 answers to this question

Hey @rodkai

I just bought a Rithum (previously Violet) to try it out as I've been considering adding some to my current Fibaro set-up. Versus setting up a iPad with a dock.

A few things I've spotted just from playing very quickly:

• You need to buy the plugin via a partner (it makes no sense as you simply enter IP of fibaro, credentials and you select which scenes you want) I got it from 

who Rithum referred me to.
  • As I just said this works only with Fibaro scenes, not devices... so thats something to bear in mind. i.e. no control for increase brightness on lights etc. it would be set "evening lights" or something like that
  • There are a maximum of 8 "buttons"that can be added to the screen, this is limiting if you want many scenes
  • The temperature uses zones, so if you'd have them set up in Fibaro it won't work

So here is my thinking:

1. These are great for simple actions i.e. open curtains, close curtains, lights on, lights off, evening scene, tv scene etc.
  2. If you were to implement you'd probably want to set up a "user" per room to limit the scenes and connect each on individually (if you put one per room)
  3. They're costly at 299 EUR per unit; a brand new iPad Mini is c. 600 EUR which gives you full control of the devices and scenes.
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 9:28 PM, rodkai said:

Is there a way to integrate the Violet SmartSwitch with Fibaro HC2, so that scenes can be triggered from the SmartSwitch?

Yes, you can use this method: 

For the uri and method you use the HC2 API call urls. You set them in the configuration file on the SD card, so the buttons are not dynamically changed.

What @James T Fletchersays is true. Buy a second hand iPad or an Android tablet and you have more. I see this product for non tech savvy people. It's overpriced for what it does and I don't like the subscription model. I have seen it in real life and the display is not crisp. 

• Like 1