Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home Center 3 Lite crashed after firmware upgrade

Gabor Varga

Question

Hi,

I my configuration I have a Home Center 3 as a master, and a Home Center 3 Lite as a slave gateway. I initiated a firmware upgrade to 5.093.21. According to master controller the upgrade was finished with success. However, the slave controller crashed. It led stucked in green status for approx. 12 hours. After that disconnected from power source and after that the LED remained dark. No any led signal is appeared.

It seems that the firmware upgrade completely killed the device. I cannot restart it neither normaly nor in Recovery mode.

Any idea how I can properly reboot it?

Thanks!

G

5 answers to this question

I assume that you tried disconnecting the power source?

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, m.roszak said:

I assume that you tried disconnecting the power source?

Yes, but after approx. 12 hours. I don't think the firmware upgrade should last more then 12 hours.

Anyway, if I smell the device, I feel some burnt smell. It seems because of some reason the new firmware upgrade just cooked the device itself???

Strange...

Edited by Gabor Varga
    Grammar issues

I think that something actually fried up inside - please RMA the device, if it can't be fixed then you will able to migrate the configuration to other unit.

That unfortunate but I believe that update itself does not fried it out, just a coincidence.  

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 22 hours ago, m.roszak said:

I think that something actually fried up inside - please RMA the device, if it can't be fixed then you will able to migrate the configuration to other unit.

That unfortunate but I believe that update itself does not fried it out, just a coincidence.  

Thanks! The device is under replacing.

Hi,

I have just read this post. I know it is an old post but I am passing with similar experience and need guidance.
    I tried replacing the slave unit through the GUI but it turns an error(conflict error).
    No matter what I do, it turn the same. I made sure that the replacement unit has the same firmware as the damaged one, without any success.

Can you guide me in steps, how to replace the unit without having to redo the system ??