Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 (master) gateway connection to HCL2

jnathalia

Question

I'm trying to use my HC2 as a master gateway with my Home Center 2 Lite. When following the normal procedure as can be found on internet it's not working. Adding a remote gatway is no problem. However, the HC2 doesn't see my HCL2 automatically. There should be an auto search with automatic population of my HCL2. So, I add the IP manually with username password and pin code. All looks fine. However the "Synchronise the rooms, during HC synchronisation" doesn't do anything.

When typing in wrong password, it detects it's wrong. So, it's really trying to login. However when typing in a wrong PIN code nothing happens...

When clicking on "Import", "Advanced", there is only "All". Not a list of devices... "Synchronise" is finished in a flash.

IP of HC2 is 192.168.3.200

IP of HCL2 is 192.168.3.201

So, fixed IP addresses...

What I have noticed is that HC2 has a Z-wave network at version 3.67

The HCL2 has version 4.33, but I found on the internet this is a bug. Both have firmware 4.620

Please, if you have any suggestion... thank you

PS maybe it's good in addition to explain that I started with the HC2: all my devices, Satel Integra, LUA scripts have been programmed on the HC2. Because of my network and size of the house, I dediced to buy a (second hand) HCL2 to extend the Z-wave network. So, the HCL2 should take over the communication for those devices that are nearby. I'm maybe confused as read sometimes on the internet that the devices from the HCL2 are taken over, so copied to the master which is in my case the HC2. But if it works like that (and I didn't understand correctly), the whole setup I cannot use as I finished the HC2 and I only want to extend better Z-wave network functionality as sometimes the HC2 looses it's connection with thermostats etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Edited by jnathalia

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet