Jump to content

Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

 

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

 

As a member you can:

  •     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

 

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team


Window/Door sensor


Vicent13
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I am creating several scenes to introduce a new alarm in my system. The idea is to activate it through "The Button" (e.g. 1 push activate alarm, 2 times, disarmt it). But i would like to know if there is any open window when I activate my alarm. By now, I have created an scene with all my sensors, indicating that if there is ANY of them opened, the system push me a notification indicating that a window is opened. It works BUT only when the window chage its status, I mean, if i open a window, the notification arrives but if the window remains opened, it doesn't. How can I do it?

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • 4 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

    You could check the status before arming the alarm. Is that what your aim is?

    Hm, my idea is: I arm the alarm and, if by mistake, one of the windows is opened, I receive a notification to go and close it.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    You could check the sensors and send a notification when a door / window is open and give a choice to arm or not yet arm the alarm.

     

    Here is a simple script the check some sensors, if they are open. In the end of this scene you know if one ore more sensors are open, so there is the moment to decide to arm or not to arm. 

     

    (You could make it better, more flexible, but it is a start) 

     

    Please login or register to see this code.

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

    You could check the sensors and send a notification when a door / window is open and give a choice to arm or not yet arm the alarm.

     

    Here is a simple script the check some sensors, if they are open. In the end of this scene you know if one ore more sensors are open, so there is the moment to decide to arm or not to arm. 

     

    (You could make it better, more flexible, but it is a start) 

     

    Please login or register to see this code.

     

     

     

    :D

     

    Thanks. As you might now by now, I am really new on this. How can I fit this into Fibaro?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    If you look at Event Runner it will have the options you want/like.

    If you want I cab send a part of my arming scene where I get notification if door/window is open

     

    //Sjakie

     

     

    Please login or register to see this code.

    A small example how it looks like

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 hour ago, Vicent13 said:

    As you might now by now, I am really new on this.

     

    I didn't noticed. Maybe look at other solutions to get it working like:

     

     

     

     

    EDIT: same thought as @Sjakie :-) 

    Edited by SmartHomeEddy
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

     

    I didn't noticed. Maybe look at other solutions to get it working like:

     

     

     

     

    EDIT: same thought as @Sjakie :-) 

    Thanks!!

     

     

    1 hour ago, Sjakie said:

    read for appPhone your button!

     

     

    Sorry, what do you mean? :)

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Please login or register to see this code.

    Note; You need to set a delay for arming or if a door/window is open to cancel arming.

    If you like it I can send my "old"QA to you. Than you have a more complete picture/ understanding of this materie

    //Sjakie

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • 13 hours ago, Sjakie said:

    Please login or register to see this code.

    Note; You need to set a delay for arming or if a door/window is open to cancel arming.

    If you like it I can send my "old"QA to you. Than you have a more complete picture/ understanding of this materie

    //Sjakie

     

     

    That would be a high step for me, thanks in advance!

     

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Reply to this topic...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...