Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Walli Dimmer Questions

Vitej

Question

Hi,

I want to replace switches at my apartment with Walli Dimmers/Switches and have a couple questions :)

I've already bought 2 units to test it out before I invest way more in smart home setup.

1) Can a Walli Dimmer work as a Switch? It may sound as a weird question but I'm going to mostly install Dimmers and mostly intend to use switches for 2-way connections (as shown

Please login or register to see this link.

) with dimmers. It's actually cheaper to buy Walli dimmers in 10x packs so if I can use Dimmers as Switches it'd be more efficient for me :)

2) There is a noticeable delay when I try to dim light between holding down a button and actual dimming of the light. It takes over a second before the light will start getting darker. Problem is not "how fast" it's getting darker. I know I can control that though "dimming step size" and "time of dimming step" parameters. Is there a way to reduce that delay? Way to set how fast it'll start dimming after button is being help for x miliseconds.

Thanks,

V.

1 answer to this question

@Vitej,

1. Yes, It can be. But in UI there still be slider for selecting value in percents.
  2. Parameters 154 (dimming step size) and 155 (time of dimming step) can be adjusted. But before that, is there any difference if you try to control it vith out plastic rocker?