Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Adding split AC to HC3

HishamWK

It should be, but it depends on the wiring in your particular AC unit and your skill in working out where to connect it. To be safe you should budget for a 12v slave relay as well.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Thanks Tim, 

12 hours ago, Tim__ said:

It should be, but it depends on the wiring in your particular AC unit and your skill in working out where to connect it. To be safe you should budget for a 12v slave relay as well.

Thanks mate.

• 3 weeks later...

i am looking to buy a split ac, Maybe a Samsung AR18BYNZBWK or a Panasonic 

Please login or register to see this link.

or

. While Samsung and Panasonic ACs have got built in Wi Fi making automation easy, although all are praised by buy.guru, I like the LG unit for its splendid cooling capability. Although it is without a wifi. I am thinking of adding a wifi relay based 18 ampere switch to control it, however i wont be able to manage functions unless i opt for an IR based system. An other options that i haven't though of here for this AC?

Edited by jmihir

Intesis make a small box that plugs into many brands of air conditioner, including LG.  It connects to your wifi network, and can then be controlled by a Virtual Device (on HC2) or Quick App (on HC3).  You can control temperature, mode, fan speed, swing position - so better than just a relay to power on and off.

For HC2

For HC3

• 4 months later...

Tim_@ how does one configure the intesis module with HC3 and control it? I have got one that I have managed to connect but can’t seem to control it? I am very new to using Fibaro and automation full stop any advice you may be able to pass on would be muchley appreciated.

When I wrote the post above, I had the Intesis installed but hadn't attempted using the VD (HC2) yet. Since then I have tried but it didn't work. Possibly Intesis have changed the API or added some extra security. Something to fix later...

• 7 months later...

I've now investigated and resolved my issue. Be aware that there are two types of Intesis modules for each brand of AC. One is for Intesis cloud control (ie using their own app and connecting to their cloud server), and the other is for connecting to home automation (which is the one you want to buy). You guessed it - I ordered the wrong one.