Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Slow response time when voice control via Google Home (Google Nest Mini)

MattHo

Hello, I am new to this system, actually I just bought a HC3 last month and just setup a few light switches to test. 

So far it works good and I sepcially like the association flexibility it gives. It seems to be a fun system to play with.

I have a Google Nest Mini in my bedroom and I have integrated Fibaro into my google home app.

The main issue I encouter now is the delay / slow response time when I try to use "Hey Google" to control Fibaro switches. 

Normally it takes around 4 seconds to respond. and if you integrate the Fibaro lights into a scene for example "good night" or "good morning"

It takes as much as 7 seconds for the light to turn ON / OFF.

I also have other smart switches like "Kasa" smart switch and "Tapo" Smart Socket, they are both Wifi-based without a gateway or homekit.

And they are both very responsive via voice control, typically respond in 1 -2 secs. 

Even in the google home app, where all smart devices from different brands get integrated and show in the same page, 

the status of Fibaro controlled lights (ON or OFF) are always the latest to show - 2-3 Seconds slower than Kasa & Tapo.

I am about to invest a few dozens of Fibaro controlled switches in my new home but this delay really worries me.

Is there anything I did wrong or anything I can do to speed this up?

p.s. I have a WIfi 6 router (Netgear Orbi AX4200) with 100M/40M optical internet connectivity.

HC3 is connected through a LAN switch to the router. 

I don't have an iPhone or HomePod so Google Voice control is the only one I use. 

Thanks

@MattHo, good day,
 here the same, usig Optical Fiber at 2 Giga(teoretically), and sometimes I get message from Google "non connection" or error MMH...., 
I don't understand if it's a matter of Google or of Fibaro.... sometimes I need to give voice order twice.
Before deciding i installed Alexa on the smarthphone, but some devices where disabled for "security"reasons, therefore I decided to use Google Home...

• Topic Author
  • Sorry this troubles me quite a lot so if anyone come across to similar issue please help, really appreciated.