Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]ZXT-600 Not Reporting Temperature

Neo Andersson

Question

Hi

I have found some similar topics, but couldn't find any proper hint, how to solve the problem.

ZXT 600 just doesn't send temperature values, or to be precise, maybe it sends, just Fibaro doesn't read them, i don't know.

Anyone with any idea ?

THanks

5 answers to this question

Is 1st association group set to gateway node id?
Additionally in parameter 30 you can set the threshold for triggering unsolicited reports - by default it is disabled.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_03/image.png.d3431f525fd8e8ee265245488861fbc1.png" />

• Inquirer
  • Yes, 1st Assoc is lifeline Gateway

Yes param 30 is set tp 1 C °. - I have figured out, that it can't handle 0.5 changes.

We had to exclude temperature reading from this device. It is reporting cca every 4-5 hour.

We have to use separate temp sensor

Understood, probably device is designed that way to conserve the battery as much as it can.

13 minutes ago, Neo Andersson said:

We had to exclude temperature reading from this device. It is reporting cca every 4-5 hour.

We have to use separate temp sensor

I am unsure what application you have in mind, but I would say if you want fast (say, "every 1 to 5 minute", accurate temperature reporting (say, "±0.5°C Accuracy from -10°C to +85°C") then I am quite fond of an old, but proven, digital sensor: DS18B20. Connect it to a Smart Implant (or its older siblings, the "universal binary sensor")

BUT! Buy them from a large chip-supplier, like TME or Digikey, because there is a lot of counterfeit devices, some good, some bad

Please login or register to see this link.

IMHO the spec of the Smart Implant is a bit optimistic when it says it can handle 6 sensors, but 3 has been reported to work reliably.

• Like 1