Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Trigger scenes from another source than Fibaro button

iorbita

Question

Hello to all Fibaro community ?
I’m new in home automation and with Fibaro, please be patient with me, thanks!

Just a question, is it possible to associate and trigger scenes from switches lights instead

Please login or register to see this link.

? ( maybe a switch controller inside switch light? ? )

In other words, Fibaro button is the only physical source by Fibaro that can be activated manually to trigger different scenes from the controller?

Many thanks ?

Lorenzo

6 answers to this question

I hope i understood your question. You want to run a scene upon some physical device interaction other than Fibaro button?

Yes. There are dozens of possibilities. In general, you can run your scene upon almost every ZWAVE device propertychange or value change. 

You can do it even in single BLOCK scenes, that will trigger your scene on some conditions, or by a LUA scene either.

Scene controllers, remote controllers, singel wall switches, devices that are controlled by smart modules etc..everything can be used to run a scene.

• Inquirer
  • Hi and thanks for your reply.
    Maybe I wasn't specific enough in my question or I certainly misspoke.
    I was referring to remote controller advanced options.

Please login or register to see this image.

Is it possible to associate these actions with another source than Fibaro button, such as a light switch?

Thanks again ?

I think yes. Every controller that sends centralSceneEvent should be capable. Keyfob, Sunriche remote, Walli switch, Nano quad, Remotec scenemaster.

• Inquirer
  • ok, so I need an extra switch source… ? I thought I could associate my basic switch light (a basic Vimar switch light) directly to a Fibaro switch module (the module inside the light switch sockets)

Yes, you can use standard light switches, connected to say Fibaro Switch or Dimmer device, to trigger scenes. You might need to use the second switch input of the device (S2) and you'll need to activate the scene triggering ability in the parameters area of your controller.

• Inquirer
  • ok thanks... unfortunately I’m unable to set switch input… the scene starts but not after pressing the switch twice but just once which also turns on the main light.
    If you could provide me some screenshots your settings it would help me understand how to set up the scene properly.

Here is my settings, it's just a basic test...
    When I press “luce soffitta sud” switch light twice, “led ufficio” light should come on… but it doesn’t work, I guess I'm wrong somewhere in settings ?

Many thanks

Lorenzo

Switches to be set

Please login or register to see this image.

Actions for button #2 in "cmd ufficio 2" controller remote

image.png

"luce soffitta sud" settings

image.png

Scene to be launch

image.png

Edited by iorbita