Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Adding a device zwave from another brand

BarbaraL

Hi everyone,

Once Z-Wave is an open protocol I was trying to use an IR receiver from another brand with Home Center Lite 2. I could add as a device but I don't know how to configure it. Has someone ever add a z-wave from another brand at home center? It did work?

Hi Barbara, yes you can add devices from other brands. However sometimes Fibaro does not supply the parameter template (device will show as unconfigured). In this case you need to manually create the parameters on the advanced tab, but only those parameters that you want to change from default. Despite saying unconfigured, often the device you add will work straight after including it on the network before you change parameters.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks @Tim__

I think I saw here the option to add a parameter

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_04/image.png.c4201da88ba5c9aa6b397031ce464161.png" />

Should I consider this data type in decimal or hexa? And about this desidered value I tried to put something on it and after refresh the page, it change to zero, it should happen?

How I change the state of this parameter after create it to configurate the device?

Thanks again

I think this works using decimals.

From memory I found the same as you, the page didn't show the values after refresh. However the zwave device had accepted the value and was behaving accordingly.