Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro GOING DOWN SOON!

weebu

I had fibaro for 8 years now and their updates are slow, bad and they dont even evolve.. im so disapointed in this. If i could wote to the world to not buy fibaro i WOULD SAY DONT BUY IT!

All updates makes trouble! and you have to hard restart Fibaro after update, history is lost after every update. Cant belive they dont take this serious.. If they dont do something soon theu will be off the global market, and end up as a Smart Home solution as last choise on market. not even their app on Android is either responsive or has a good overview. Really hurts to see a promising "Smart Home" solution go down like this, well, it will for sure soon. On the software side they are braindead.

Hate to have customers and allways need explain Fibaro is the fault you have problems with your smart home! Other Solutions like Homey, or other companies dont have this much issues as fibaro do.. WHY is that? fibaro dotn want invest in them self and make them self better.. hire better software dev?

Best regards a Fibaro Fan For YEARS! 

• Like 1

You may be right from your point of view, but I must to admit recently I don't have any major problems with my HC2 (and it works for last 12 years).

I have notified that most of the problems are created by users' code and not by Fibaro SW. Of course there a lot of improvements that we (as users) would like to have and they are moving in this direction slowly than anticipated, but moving forward.

For other solutions, please visit their forums and you'll be amazed how many problems they have (same as Fibaro, in some case even more).

It is very depends what you mean "Smart Home"... by searching on the web the best "Smart Home" options are Amazon Alexa, Google home, Wink Hub, Samsung SmartThings Hub and others. To my opinion this is not a "Smart Home, but just a "miserable" replacement for wall switches by smartphone switch or voice commands... nice to brag to your friends, nothing more.

Smart Home should control everything automatically without any external control from mobile phone applications, voice commands or any other solution to turn ON light!

For several years my home acts as a part of family member which controls heating/cooling/lighting/access control/alarm and many other functionality. Let's say, last time that anybody have needed to turn wall switch or to send special command was several months ago.

This part of Home Automation done by Fibaro (in  my case still HC2)  and based on my experience with other systems, Fibaro does that same as others and in some cases even better.

Fibaro system is not a perfect solution, but right now nobody perfect. I'm still waiting for IOT to take over, but even then you need controller.

Again it depends what you are looking for... to call it "Smart Home"...

See below a glance of Homey forum, same problems isn't? 

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Edited by cag014
  • Like 9

@weebu I totally agree with your views and after many years with Fibaro I have now got tired of them and found another solution that I am very, very happy with.
It is a solution that has everything Fibaro offers, but also offers home automation that you could only dream of.
I have converted my old HC2 into a real game changer and I will never go back to Fibaro's mediocre interface again.

Please login or register to see this link.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I changed the zipato system to Fibaro and so far I am very satisfied. What is happening in zipato now is a total failure, every week there is a problem with connecting to the server and that's when you need it most, i.e. on the weekend, where zipato support does not work and they cannot fix it for a good few months. They should be ashamed of themselves. Also now, the zipato controler is dusting on the shelf and Fibaro took an honorable place.

• Like 3

Dear webuu,

i agree with you, Fibaro is far from perfect, on the other side, i can clearly see their efforts to improve, and to solve bugs. Yes, some problems are not getting solved day after day, but their desire to improve is undeniable.

At the beginning we had also some nightmare situations, but later on it turned out, that in many cases it was our fault, not Fibaro's.

I think at this moment you won't find any perfect solution on the market, but definietely Fibaro is one of those rather good than bad solutions.

You need to know, what can you allow with this system. You need to have a lot of experiences to be able to set up a system, that will do what you can expect from it.

I am using more than 100 devices in my system, and i know which are problmetic spots. For exampe, my Danalock doors never show the correct state. It is a communication issue in S0 protocol. I know about it, and i can live with it until

we can go for S2 inclusion in Zwave 3, but so far i know where is this issue coming from. I know that it will be solved, and I also know that there is no other Zwave lock on the market.  I could have choosen other WIFI based locks and do some API scripts to use the in Fibaro, but I decided to stay with ZWAVE locks. And on the other hand, if you are xperienced enough to utilize quickapps power, Fibaro will be much more to your like, than before.

My system controls everything in my house. Lights, locks, doors, heating, cooling, irrigation, gates, garage, cameras, weather, and on the top of that, we have a complete functioning system with voice feedback in our language (no english)

We are using our own QAs to make it even more sophisticated, like doing things upon weather conditions

Please login or register to see this attachment.

or just created a QA for having the possibility to access our heating plans from mobiles also

or we created a QA that can run a scheduled control of predefined devices at certain time, and gives you voice feedback in speakers about anything that needs to be done.

or its running yout irrigation

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_06/image.png.ac2d3e95044876462421dcbac98e97c5.png" />

and there are many many more QAs, but you need to adapt yourself a little bit to the system, and invest a little bit of your spare time, and you will find what you are looking for.

• Like 2

Remark My Danalock showed the right position 6 months ago, now I dont know Dana is boxed. HC3runs without any device just to see if all error are solved.

It will be fully operating again at the end of the year.

By the way I am a happy camper with HC3 it runs all devices in my house. So I can do where I am good in as lazy human.

//Sjakie

11 minutes ago, Sjakie said:

Remark My Danalock showed the right position 6 months ago, now I dont know Dana is boxed. HC3runs without any device just to see if all error are solved.

It will be fully operating again at the end of the year.

By the way I am a happy camper with HC3 it runs all devices in my house. So I can do where I am good in as lazy human.

//Sjakie

If you are adding Danalock to your system after some other devices, than it will loose the state. Also needs to be mentioned, that more Danalocks in the system makes it even worse. The only way we could somehow install more Danalocks at our customer's house, that we installed Danalocks as first devices in the system. Also we can not access them at the same time. EX if we are running our Housecheck QA at evening, that should check if locks are locked, and it finds that they are not, we need to keep some delay between two calls for each Danalock. Like fibaro.call(danalock1_id, "secure") fibaro.settimeout(5000, function() fibaro.call(danalock2_id,"secure") end)

In this way we could somehow manage to properly lock the doors, and report the proper states.

However, i think we will have problems, when it comes to battery changes, becuase when we change batteries, then Danalocks are loosing their mesh position, and it will be never the same as it was before. We will see...

Edited by Neo Andersson

I only have a single Dana lock added as last device. So not compareable, pitty.

//Sjakie

• 2 weeks later...