Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Help! All Devices Randomly Turning On

UriT

Strange behavior started last night - out of the blue all the devices (lights, shades etc) in the house turned on.

It happened about three times and continues randomly today.

I have rebooted HC3 twice, I have disconnected power for 5 mins and turned back on.

I have disabled all scenes

I have turned off the lights at the mains switch 

Anyone got any ideas?

If its not an Alarm scene, then beeing you I would check my history first. Maybe you can find there what evoked these actions.

If not in history, maybe a Zniffer log would be really helpfull for further investigation.

I had once some similar situation, and we also tried to solve it with Fibaro, but we couldn't find the reason. Later I have found one device that disappiered from my system, but still kept reacting to commands,

and that was suspicious for me, so I removed that device.

From that moment i never had any problems. I dont think that this can be related to the problem, but that is how it happened with me.

With Fibaro support we also investigated, if there is any scene activator, or remote controller that has some bug, and sending some commands randomly. 

Just guessing, but Zniffer log will probably solve the mistery.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I would also recommend you to contact fibaro support right away with LOG file when it happens.

Log file can be downloded from HCip/api/service/logsDump .

• Like 2

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for feedback .. I forgot to mention one of the steps i took was to disable all available scenes and alarm zone/scene is not configured.

I don't have zniffer installed so will need to get that set up first .. having just done a quick google looks like I will need to order a UBZ3 first - unless there is a software workaround?

Zniffer is a bit tricky. You need the USB stick to have a complete Zniffer log. And it is not that straight forward to understand how to work with it, so maybe this can be the lates step in your investigation procedure. There are some nice tpoics about it. Myself has also a very usefull conversation with @

Please login or register to see this link.

He is way more experienced than me about Zniffer. And he is a very heplful guy. Or if its about Fibaro official support, i woulod suggest to contact @m.roszak. The best support from Fibaro. If he will have time, i bet he will help.

Please login or register to see this link.

I would suggest to first contact support with Fibaro LOG file as a described above.

You say you dont have any scene activated. It is hardly imaginable, that this is casued by any switch type divece like lights or shutters. Do you have some Zwave remotes, or scene activators?

Can you please list all of your devices? What kind of devices you have in your system?

Do you have google linked with fibaro? Many times, device roles are not presented correctly in Google Home, and if you have some routines for lights, or just say something that turns on/off lights, google will turn on or off everything.

Edited by Neo Andersson

I agree with what the others said. It seems you have checked most of it and you are close to getting that Zniffer, which imho is a good investment if you run a network of > 50 physical devices.

That said, there is one possible cause that wasn't mentioned yet. Please check your parameters for "all on" (EDIT: or "alarm frames") frames. More details are in this topic

A telltale sign of such frames being sent by a (rogue) device is: absolute zero cause visible in HC log and Fibaro Support telling you they see nothing. That happens because those frames are not logged.

Edited by petergebruers