Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Master off lighting, how to do?

jorge rintaro

Question

alright? guys?
please help.....what is the best way to do a Master OFF of the lighting circuits? I have a Scene in Blocks (HC3), sometimes the lights go out fast..... but most of the time it goes out in pieces (hiccups) ... which is really weird... ...suggestion please .....thanks

5 answers to this question

This is a good question and I will be interested in other's answers. I have set up my master switch-off with a few seconds delay between rooms, to simulate walking around and turning off light switches as you would do in a non smart home (useful for when you are on vacation).  

A consideration for switching off all lights at once is that you will flood the network with zwave messages.  Presumably the HC3 will queue the messages before sending, but I am not sure how your zwave network will handle this flood, particularly if nodes are acting as repeaters. It might result in the hiccups you see.

The manual route I use always in switching off.

//Sjakie

• Inquirer
  •  

8 hours ago, Sjakie said:

A rota manual eu uso sempre no desligamento.

// Sjakie

Sjakie@, 

what do you mean by manual route? thanks

15 hours ago, Tim__ said:

This is a good question and I will be interested in other's answers. I have set up my master switch-off with a few seconds delay between rooms, to simulate walking around and turning off light switches as you would do in a non smart home (useful for when you are on vacation).  

A consideration for switching off all lights at once is that you will flood the network with zwave messages.  Presumably the HC3 will queue the messages before sending, but I am not sure how your zwave network will handle this flood, particularly if nodes are acting as repeaters. It might result in the hiccups you see.

Tim_@,

could a Lua scene (API) handle this or a more uniform shutdown? tks

Edited by jorge rintaro

As you walk out the living room switch light on in hall and switch off in living room.

Hi Jorge,

I don't think it matters whether you use blocks or LUA, the number of zwave messages on the network would be the same.

There is an All Off command you can issue from your HC3. I haven't tried it but it may suit your case. You need to program each device whether to respond to this message. Eg parameter 11 for Dimmer 2. A single message wouldn't flood the network. Maybe try and let us know?