Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Yubii Home integration with Home Assistant

bub4

Question

Hi All,

I am currently testing the Yubii Home Product.

There is an official Fibaro integration with Home Assistant:

Please login or register to see this link.

I did setup the Yubii Home and I can login into the WebUI. The iPhone/iPad app can't connect for any reason. So far I didn't add any device, as I first wanted to setup the Home Assistant integration.

Unfortunately the integration doesn't work. I typed in the right local URL of the Yubii + the right credentials as described in home assistant but it can't be integrated. There is no error message - only the filled data gets deleted.

Is there anybody in this forum who was able to integrate the Yubii Home with HASSIO?

I haven't found/seen any api key or similar in the WebUI which might be needed...

Would be glad, if someone could help

Thank you

Timo

9 answers to this question

@bub4

You should log in locally on your Yubii Home, not with your Fibaro ID.
If it doesn't work, it may be that Home Assistant only supports the Home Center series. That is, HC2, HC Lite, HC3 and HC3 Lite.

Yubii Home may be a variant that works differently.

But Home Assistant is a very good choice. No Fibaro controller is needed, just a Z-wave USB stick.

• Inquirer
  • thanks @RH_Dreambox I used the local credentials. The Yubii is not only meant for Z-wave. I thought this might rock the somfy IO devices I have as well. Therefore I did want an integration.

It would be a bummer if only the HCs are compatible. I also like the other Fibaro sensors and thought these are a valuably addition. Fibaro should have a great interest in OpenHAB, HASSIO... integrations, if you ask me. Their customer are getting more and more interested in DIY and self hosted.

• Inquirer
  • I figured it out! The problem was https... I used http now and it works. Great ❤️

Most things work, as soon as it is done right ?

Hi, I have the same problem, I can't connect Yubii to Home Assistant. I entered internal IP (http://192.168.1.xxx/) and local username and password but it gives me an error.
    Where am I wrong?

Dear community,

I have recently acquired a Yubii box in order to pilot my entrance gate (through a Nice module). It works fine! I have addtitionel zwave sensors connected to the box.

I would like to have everything connected to my Home assistant instance but I struggle to find the way to do...

I have found a Fibaro integrator (

) but when I try to install it I am asked to provide the 3 infos below:

- URL with the following format: http://URL/api/* 

- login - I guess it is my Yubii login

- password - I guess it is my Yubii password 

I have tried to replace the URL by the local IP of my Yubi 192.168.0.13 but it does not work!

Could someone support me and share an idea on how to do?

Thanks in advance!

There is also another integration for Fibaro - HA, using MQTT.  It is rock solid and you get a lot of goodies into HA, including battery status, power, energy . Maybe it's worth checking it out.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 12:55 PM, Michelet said:

I have tried to replace the URL by the local IP of my Yubi 192.168.0.13 but it does not work

I just checked on HASS 2022.12 and this  is what my "url" looks like:

Please login or register to see this code.

I had to type the whole string, as I posted above, not just the IP address

Username is my Fibaro ID because that is the administrator on my HC3.

18 minutes ago, Momos said:

Maybe it's worth checking it out.

Oh yeah it is worth checking! I ran an older version for a while. I stopped using it because it is not a good idea to have both the MQTT version and the official integration running side by side. I had to pick one.

Guys, I have question other way around. I'd like to integrate some HA devices into Fibaro, do you think its possible via this MQTT plugin?