Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 connections to internet

Friso

Hello everyone,

I was just checking some network settings in my router and found my HC3 has lots of sessions to external IP addresses:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_07/2028774524_Schermafbeelding2022-07-13205637.png.64879336ce7c4ef63e733b114ff55513.png" />

Only the green one looks like a necessary connection to me. So, why is my HC3 creating connections to these other addresses? 8.8.8.8 is google dns, so no problem to connect to, but what about the others?

Any ideas? Should I make a firewall rule restricting my HC3 to 195.88.50.98, or does Fibaro have a range to which a HC3 might connect to?

Thanks in advance!

Friso

Hello

from this what you share our is:

google dns 8.8.8.8

Dhosting-pl it is EU region of remote access - i will not write IP because we got more then 20 machine there and you get one depends on load balancer

sometimes you can find few from AWS too where is our Fibaro ID

Rest connection i first time see - dont you have any QA witch checking new updates? or integrations on this servers?

16 hours ago, Friso said:

Only the green one looks like a necessary connection to me. 

the others are coming from NTP server(s), except the 213.109.127.82 which is your ISP. So that's ok

• Topic Author
  • 23 hours ago, tinman said:

the others are coming from NTP server(s), except the 213.109.127.82 which is your ISP. So that's ok

Thanks Tinman!
    However, I'm running an NTP server in my own network. Is there a way to configure the HC3 to use that? I'd rather see the HC3 connecting to Fibaro IP's only, I guess...

sure, when you specify own local NTP, sure HC3 will use it, but don't forget that NTP is being controlled by OS, so if OS thinks to connect to other servers, it will do it.