Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Praise and demand

Martin_N

I praise the editing of the new version of the Yubii.
Again, the device can be controlled with one click without the On/Off confirmation dialog.

I have another request/suggestion for Fibaro.
If I slide the card upwards in the room interface, sometimes I get in the way of the slider on the blind. The slider is shown here in the 50% position. At that moment, the blind will start to move from any position on the 50% +/-.
This is the only place where action confirmation should be requested.

Thanks...

eM.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Martin_N said:

I praise the editing of the new version of the Yubii.
Again, the device can be controlled with one click without the On/Off confirmation dialog.

if you change in the app setting, control view, from smart to press to open, you will get for almost all devices confirmation/extra dialog. That didn't afaik for RGBW, which will be soon replaced to support RGBWWCW etc.

If you change to hold to open, all devices get controlled immediately with one click (and holding on device with show confirmation/extra dialog)

If you leave smart, which is default, it depends on device how it will get controlled, simple devices does thier function, and complex devices shows options/confirmation.

Edited by tinman
  • Like 1

Fixing the quick access on the button press, and the possibility of smart press, and press to open is just fantastic.

Also we need to mention, that we finaly have a HOLD and VACATION option in heating zones when accessing from Yubii. This is just awesome.. Like i was on phone the whole night yesterday to call over all my clients and cheer them up a little bit..because errr...yeah...the lack of this featrue was almost ruining my company..8 out of 10 customers was asking me two questions..How is it possible, that we can't control our schedules from YUBII, and the second, How is that we cant permanently set any setpoint on our zones from YUBII...these two questions were driving me crazy...Actualy we had to develop our own Schedule controlller that is working from YUBII, so now it is a big big upstep for us..

Deep thank to Fibaro support that they are really listening, not just pretending..(even if the solutions are coming sometimes really late)

I hope sooner or later we will have control over our schedules from mobiles too..it is still a huge lack of functionality...but anyway, really big thanks for this update...

Wooooot, are you saying the "new" app works now as good as the "old" app?

I only use the Fib app once in a month, so I did not notice the improvements...

After installing a "hybrid" home automation system based on Fibaro HC and Home Assistant (plus a bunch of other stuff like Node-Red and ESPHome) I have been using the "Home Assistant" web interface on my phone. It is hard for me to go back to a "rather predefined" layout concept.

But hey, maybe I should reconsider, though it is a lot harder to get my "Home Assistant stuff" on the HC3 than getting the HC3 stuff on "Home Assistant"...

Just asking again... So you like the 1.17 app?

Edited by petergebruers

16 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

Wooooot, are you saying the "new" app works now as good as the "old" app?

I only use the Fib app once in a month, so I did not notice the improvements...

After installing a "hybrid" home automation system based on Fibaro HC and Home Assistant (plus a bunch of other stuff like Node-Red and ESPHome) I have been using the "Home Assistant" web interface on my phone. It is hard for me to go back to a "rather predefined" layout concept.

But hey, maybe I should reconsider, though it is a lot harder to get my "Home Assistant stuff" on the HC3 than getting the HC3 stuff on "Home Assistant"...

Just asking again... So you like the 1.17 app?

Absolutely yes...If you can live without having an access to your heating schedule from mobile, i think it is worth to give it a try..A lot of things has been improved. New energy panel, new blind management in yubii, a completely redesigned UI in PC interface..so i think it is way way better than it was..

• Thanks 1

• Topic Author
  • I tried different control settings. Unfortunately, what I was describing was about the view in the Favorites sketch. If you switch to a room from this view, the device list looks different than in the device list when you switch to a room in the Home tab.
      So if I pull the screen up to see another device, I can accidentally touch the shutter slider and it will start immediately. See picture.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Martin_N

2 hours ago, Martin_N said:

I tried different control settings. Unfortunately, what I was describing was about the view in the Favorites sketch. If you switch to a room from this view, the device list looks different than in the device list when you switch to a room in the Home tab.
      So if I pull the screen up to see another device, I can accidentally touch the shutter slider and it will start immediately. See picture.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Either you can set, how should your buttons react to your interaction. There are three types i think. "Press","Hold", or "Smartpress"., or you can reorganize your Favorite screen (thats what i personally did). You can hide what you dont need there. So hide the SUM (souhrn), then you wont accidentally trun them off or on.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Neo,.. yes... you're already saying it over and over again. I tried everything in several combinations.
    This setting does not affect the behavior of the slider, if you enter a room from the Favorites tab, the room with the Summary section and the slider will appear.
    The solution is to prohibit access to rooms from the Favorites tab.
    If you enter the room from the Home tab, the slider is not there, only after clicking the blinds. So it doesn't matter in the shift.
    Turn it on in the Favorites settings and you'll see what I'm talking about.

21 hours ago, Martin_N said:

Neo,.. yes... you're already saying it over and over again. I tried everything in several combinations.
    This setting does not affect the behavior of the slider, if you enter a room from the Favorites tab, the room with the Summary section and the slider will appear.
    The solution is to prohibit access to rooms from the Favorites tab.
    If you enter the room from the Home tab, the slider is not there, only after clicking the blinds. So it doesn't matter in the shift.
    Turn it on in the Favorites settings and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I am just trying to share my opinions, an help you..I am not a Fibaro developer, just sharing my experiences with you. And yeah, you're right, the functionality of sliders or buttons doesnt change after setting them Smart, or press or whatever...This is probably a bug, maybe some Fibaro developer should check on this..

• Topic Author
  • Yes, I appreciate your efforts to help and it will certainly be a benefit to others who find this thread. After all, this is the principle of community forums.
    For me, if the customers are not upset enough, nothing has to change, they just get used to the control. There should be a change in the next version. The main thing is that the "improvement" of the last version has become an optional thing.
    That's why I started this thread so that Fibaro has feedback. Sometimes someone comes here from the development and the effort to interact is definitely greater than I have seen in years, for which I thank the people from Fibar.
    And I often answer even on the weekend, so I appreciate that.

When I use mobile data, my app v1.17 show a lot of "?" for each device

Using HC2 v4.620

How to resolve this?

Edited by samuel

4 hours ago, samuel said:

When I use mobile data, my app v1.17 show a lot of "?" for each device

Using HC2 v4.620

How to resolve this?

Try to log out, then log in Offline / using IP by admin user. Then logout, kill the app, and log in again by Cloud ID..This used to work before this update, but i thought this update solved this problem. Are your icons 128 pixels size? 

On 9/23/2022 at 12:33 AM, Neo Andersson said:

Try to log out, then log in Offline / using IP by admin user. Then logout, kill the app, and log in again by Cloud ID..This used to work before this update, but i thought this update solved this problem. Are your icons 128 pixels size? 

@Neo Andersson:Thanks, that worked for me :-)

Yes, I am using 128 pixels size icons