Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to set up reed sensors to OUT?

MarioP

Question

Somehow I can’t get the output of a SI to work.

What it should do

As a binary sensors (reed contact) is closed a relay needs to be engaged for 10 seconds.

Setup

Sensor is connected to blue and yellow wires of the SI

Relay is connected to OUT1

Parameter 20 is set to monostable

Parameter 156 is set to 10 seconds

Result

The switch does not react to the input (connect blue and yellow).

The switch can be set in the HC2 and resets after 10 seconds.

The output does not react at all.

If parameter 20 is set to “Binary input NO” it reacts to the input, however the output does nothing.

What do I do wrong?

7 answers to this question

Sounds like you've wired it up correctly. So something to do with parameters. Is parameter 40 set to 0?

• Inquirer
  • Yes, parameter 40 is set to 0 (no boxes ticked).

If parameter 20 is set to 'Binary input NO' it reacts to opening and closing the contact (picto changes), but nothing on OUT 1.

Yes Parameter 20 should be set to binary input NO. Good to hear that you can see the changes in the controller.

Out1 is a just a switch, ie a relay output. It can only switch up to 150mA, otherwise it will burn out. Have you made a full circuit that includes power supply, OUT1 and the relay? Post a picture of your setup if unsure.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Tim,

Thanks for helping!

Here the schematics:

SI = Smart Implant
    S1 = Reed sensor 1
    S2 = Reed Sensor 2
    V1 = Power supply 12V
    R1 = Relay 12V

P2 and S3 operate independent from SI.

Please login or register to see this image.

Here the board. The black wire is used to to simulate the reeds (GND to Yellow or Green)

u3-CGqGxbgPsuhO11DoAa_J-bdBtW6DH2XMlHAoOAykCMRV4yEfJtRVh3w9u3ZQpFNvXNAOSQE4Fbznt7MOK5XyYd-3dxt-wHAfErIZlpx19DLgkX2IRtHWQRyJy6TcZiNQqIVZxMTFJzDiPZP8-CMlie9TnCABve2asxXW95Wf54_tNb5hcD8kyPypCJqx0i5tL7FjDTlOyKh6BPJYKKGMdcZ84rvwH_etcOHVCO6w_KBgUY0HURCbKFDYKPbm_7M8Y3nLZnc8rWUBnQKXCyrYCZdvm5y142bmNvTJ8Fu_WjjgK-3PGbRlbC0kGaHZhNDZrGytw96JxRaMv4hELopM8vHdke7OrrhhAr4rShVtEd6068Yo9LaitwLtJalcMNdSwrBtP6NN3ixt8fWTEd0Df4ZS4ouXfUWKuZP0-MM6mhvb8gPoYiYmUo44ROsoKqdVuvnk_8MMCyjQ1gdxyzKFWmI2E9PLvgwan6QxFs9RKW3Dsj7CtldYgiM2g6zcx3UmxwNcawlgcD2rKiGqNmCU7Xflv5Iy8FN5cH_viI0L5dVHVmMzOUkDfim_b1pwgT659jFDeZrk8j5RJQMsoOCEIRRyZGdJgB600_02hXo0wsQ3-_lM7X7SBg-f5jgHgf0DqGWVeiFvnT4BrpTsoPnYWU9mkYY53CbU8ShDrJBsHIEPhCv8yoBOhppSKNs4hyWrydXhdU34ss1uoWnsyWx_YNxhpYZH_O2YrYk6gyas3cGuJ0tQWIvNaJ6I=w1066-h799-no?authuser=0

SI setup: Sensor 1 set to Switch, Sensor 2 set to Sensor

image.png.c54308308d0ca28535ee7f9563e7bfcd.png

Connecting GND tot Green makes the Fibaro react. Connecting GND tot Yellow does NOT set the switch (nothing happens).

I am puzzled :)

@MarioP

Hi.
    Although it is a contribution to HC3, it should give you a clue. ,During my experiments, I encountered strange SI behavior.
    Here is a guide on how I managed to modify SI to its original functionality.

By that I mean that during the trial with SI, I got into a state where some things stopped working correctly for me.
    Try setting the SI, or Resetting it.
    Then do not separate inputs/outputs, just set a delay of 10sec.

Edited by Martin_N