Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Connecting my battery box to Fibaro.

Revan

Hello,

I would like to ask you for help with connecting my CEZ battery box to Fibaro.

What I need is to get information about:

- batery capacity 0-100%  (primary requirement)

-actual power consumption

-actual solar panels power

All of this, I can see in CEZ aplication / web page, but I need to somehow have it in Fibaro to be able to enable/disable certain devices (mining rigs)

I asked producer of batery box and answer was, that I can buy card PK 485. In technical list, I can see that card have two external outputs RS485-3 modbus RTU and TCP for third party like Loxone and Tengeo)

Unfortunately, there is no bigger detail fot this.

I can try to ask producer one more time, but honestly, I do not know, what I need to know or what possibilities in Fibaro I have to get at least one of this above mentioned values.

Any sugestion or experiences with similar system?

Thx.

Step 1 - ask the manufacturer to provide the modbus register* specification / datasheet.

* - tthese "register" information will/should contains the informations which can be read or set via modbus (TCP). Having that information, one can develop simple modbus QuickApp (there are already examples in this Forum, but of course they must be changed to work with registers provided by the PK485 card) or spend some extra money for solution like eutonomy euLink (to move the modbus communication things from Home Center to euLink, and to simplify the QuickApp). No matter what solution, one need as a very first step these register spcification / datasheet from manufacturer of the card (not only to know what/how to read, but as well to see if one can read the data you looking for, and very important thing - how often the data will get refreshed, is the data avg value or live, etc.).

• Topic Author
  • Hello,

thank you very much for fast answer. I asked manufacturer and I got attached datasheet and modbus specification. Seems to me, that everything I wanted is there. I marked few lines with parameter I want by purple. For me will be enough to refresh ~ once per minute.

How exactly will this reading work? I mean, lets say, I will buy the card and conect it to battery box. You spoke about some modbus application. This will run somehow in fibaro home center?

In the past, I saw this protocol  in SIEMENS PLC, but it is not chep way, to read it by PLC and set just outpust like 0 - 20% = output 1 on, 21 - 40% = output 2 on,... I would like to have in fibaro real value.

Anyhow, I need help with this and if someone is able to help me with this app and walk me trough, reward is sure. We can agree before.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

indeed the data looks good!

As you only need these few informaions, software solution (QuickApp) should be enought. The bst woud be, if the QuickApp would be so called "Device Controller", with few child devics (3 power meters, one generic with "battery" interface - to see the current battery % - and maybe one child for the archivd battery %). For sure i can help you building such QuickApp, for now i would say order the PK485 card (and ask the maufacturer how to configure it, e.g. the IP of it).

• Topic Author
  • Thank you, I will ask for help in time, when fully instaled and configured.

• 1 year later...
  • Topic Author
  • Hi,

not yet. Extension card is very expensive, I moved this in my priority list much lower. I will let you know, when I go backt to that.