Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller Shutter 3 / FGR-223 not reporting its status anymore

Fly

Question

Hello,

I am using Roller Shutter 3 FGR-223 without any problems since 2 years, and suddenly, two problems:

- question mark on the icon after upgrading to 5.120.10 --> I understood that it's linked to the update and it should be solved with a future release

Please login or register to see this link.

- the status report is not sent anymore to the app: if I move the blind with the physical button, the status is not reported back to the app

I initially thought that it was linked to the upgrade, but it's more probably because of something else.
Can anybody guide me as to troubleshoot the issue, I am so far unable to find solutions...

These are the physical buttons I always use:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_10/image.png.d59d648e9a9ebcf4b24263fb8002befd.png" />

This is my configuration:

image.png.e0877dd64f8d63a4d0836d0f6f40dc58.png

image.png.b0370a0760e0681110949a1b5b3cf149.png

image.png.56127a3f192ea36383ebd965cbdbd679.png

Why is the status not sent back anymore...

:-(((

Thanks for your help,

Fly

Edited by Fly
Title modification

15 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • I am a bit desesperate, I tried to reconfigure device, without success.

Soft reset, hard reset, no way...

Is there a solution to get in touch with Fibaro Support to have a look by an expert ?
    Thanks,

Fly

• Inquirer
  • Hello @Piotr Bojko,

Thanks for trying to help, here is what is included into the first group of the Association Tab:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

This is similar for all devices (lights, motion, ...)

Fly

• Inquirer
  • Hello,

Any idea, update for my problem ?

Thanks,

Fly

Try to add controller in association groups. Is there a group 0 you can add to?

Readd current association with controller. You have it in a presented screenshot. 

Such updates on associations takes time to propagate so have it in mind.

I had some troubles in rollers with similar symptoms and reading lifeline/group 0/1 association to controller always helped.

Edited by Piotr Bojko

• Inquirer
  • Hello @Piotr Bojko,

I think you got a very good point and a very interesting one, and you will probably solve my issue.

I will need your help to fully understand what you propose (because so far it's not clear), but when enquiring your proposal, I found many interesting things and it makes me understanding something:

1/ I remember that my problem started at the same time I had an internet box exchange + physical problem on a roller shutter where the society had to cut off the electricity

2/ with the change of my box, I had to re-configure the netatmo with a new IP and I took the opportunity to update the box --> but since the update is not the problem according to many people, then the reconfiguration of NetAtmo is maybe the cause (however I just changed a parameter which is the IP in the variables)

3/ However, my Netatmo is composed of modules I have at home, but my parents also have modules at their home (not under Fibaro but seen by the Fibaro because I have access to their modules with my Netatmo account).

4/ When looking at association and what could be done, I discovered that my "controller - single channel & multichannel" is in the section of my parent home and not in the section of my home (not sure if that change something).

5/ Finally, all my roller shutter are in EndPoint 0 Group 1 Controller (multichannel) of the section of my parents home

6/ no roller shutter controller is within my section home

1st Question: how could I move the controllerchannel from the section B to section A ?

In image, here is how it looks like.
    Modules (lights) correctly reporting their state:

Modules (FGR-223 Roller shutter) NOT reporting their state:

But when expanding the different EndPoint and Group, I see the following:

Does the roller shutter be in "EndPoint1 to be in Group 2" ??? But then, what do I choose in Target >Device ? Controller ?

To try answering your question:

12 hours ago, Piotr Bojko said:

A/ Try to add controller in association groups. Is there a group 0 you can add to?

B/ Read current association with controller. You have it in a presented screenshot. 

Such updates on associations takes time to propagate so have it in mind.

I had some troubles in rollers with similar symptoms and reading lifeline/group 0/1 association to controller always helped.

A/ No there is NO group 0 (see above only Group 1/2/3)

B/ How could I read current association, what do you mean ?

Thanks,

Yann D.

Association link means that device A reports its state changes within defined groups to other linked devices.  Each groups sends different kind of updates (like group 2 sends only on/of updates, groups 3 only 0-100% value updates, etc). But each device should support group called "0" or lifeline in which the source devices sends all of its state change updates. Within this group you should always have added a controller. Controller is your HC3 box device. 

Having controller in this lifeline group assures that device sends to it all of its state change updates, like power measurements, blind high state, temperature, etc to the mentioned controller (hc2, hc3, or in my case OpenHab).

Sometimes, during pairing such association (added devices -- group lifeline -- controller) wont setup, for various reasons (most of them failure in complete pairing) - you can fix this easily by manually add the association.  

However there may be one nasty problem where you see that the mentioned association is presented in UI but in real life the source device (like you roller shutter) lost it in its configuration. This can be fixed by removing a association, waiting for propagation and re-adding it again. These can be fixed also by completely readding device to your z-wave network (unpair and pair again). Maybe this is your case.

Last sort of remedy - you can check how does your z-wave mesh network looks and how it is your roller shutter placed there. Maybe it is not connected directly with controller but through few other nodes? Maybe this leads to no problems with controlling it but not state updates? You can check it as well. When detected such case - it can be tuned also, by adding more nodes (devices) between your controller and place in which your roller shutter is installed.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks a lot @Piotr Bojko, very interesting. In practice, I need help:

1 hour ago, Piotr Bojko said:

{...} But each device should support group called "0"  {...} Within this group you should always have added a controller. Controller is your HC3 box device.

How could I check that conroller HC3 is indeed correctly added to Group 0 ??? The fact that I show it on previous capture is enough ? Even it's in a section called "Chatouneraie" (which is for me the house of my parents which does not have any HC3 - it's just the name of the section I called like that for representing the house of my parents) ?

Having controller in this lifeline group assures that device sends to it all of its state change updates, like power measurements, blind high state, temperature, etc to the mentioned controller (hc2, hc3, or in my case OpenHab).

Sometimes, during pairing such association (added devices -- group lifeline -- controller) wont setup, for various reasons (most of them failure in complete pairing) - you can fix this easily by manually add the association.

OK I understand here that I have to remove the association, to wait a bit (how long, how could I know when the propagation is done ?) and then re-adding the association ?
    EndPoint 0 / Group 1 / Controller Multichannel ?

Last sort of remedy - you can check how does your z-wave mesh network looks and how it is your roller shutter placed there. Maybe it is not connected directly with controller but through few other nodes? Maybe this leads to no problems with controlling it but not state updates? You can check it as well.

How could I do that and how could I know how the z-Wave network looks like please ?

it can be tuned also, by adding more nodes (devices) between your controller and place in which your roller shutter is installed.

Just using association I understand. Now my main issue is to understand how I could have a picture of the z-Wave network (checking each device and knowing which one is discussing with which one - because I understood that a module A could discuss with another one B, and it's B who is relaying to Controller HC3).

Once again, thousands thanks for your help, I am totally alone on French forum and finally found someone willing to help on English forum. MANY MANY Thanks,

Fly

• Inquirer
  • Addendum: I think we are closed to a solution.

I added an association: did not do anything.

I removed all association: not working better, even worse as now when asking 100% close (or open) from app, the status is not reported anymore.

I re-added the previous association: same problem, even when asking 100% close / open, the status not reported anymore, roller shutter shown as opened (always).

Waiting for your feedback on what to do to re-make this association working (and pretty sure that the problem is somewhere here since now, no status at all is sent).
    Thanks,

Fly

• Inquirer
  • In the mean time, I wanted to test and remove the module from HC3 and re-adding it (because I am really fed up and about to do a factory reset - if it solves the problem).

But I am not able to remove the module !!!!

I opened the switch:

Then on FIBARO, I click on the trash icon:

Then I select Exclusion Mode, I press B until it flash green, and I have the following in the console:

So I decided to do a FORCE REMOVE but I get this...

:-(((((((
    Any idea ?
    Fly

This is possible because of the same reason I have mentioned under "Last sort of remedy " text.

Check how is your roller shutter placed under mesh network. You should have on your hc3 some map visual for this (I know a little about hc3, sorry). 

You may have to be take your hc3 to the location of the roller for the exclusion process. Please note that if you have reset the roller - it wont exclude because after reset it does know nothing about inclusion.  

Take you hc3 close to roller (just under the roller) and mess around then.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @Piotr Bojko,

In fact, the problem was simple clip on B to exclude which was not working, I have to triple click B to exclude.
    I managed to exclude it finally !!

I added again the roller Shutter:

But same problem again and again, I do not know how to calibrate it...
    :-(

I will start to do a factory reset on the FGR-223 to see if it's better...

Stay tuned :-)))

Fly
    PS: No way on HC3 to see a map of the mesh network, I searched everywhere...

• Inquirer
  • No way, not better, drives me crazy...
    :-(((((((

I do not know, why when I ask for "Start Calibration", I have the following:

Should I definitely restore HC3 to factory ?... :-(

• Inquirer
  • In short:

- I delete the module from admin interface with an exclusion and B Button

- factory reset of module (B - yellow - clic and red)

- inclusion from Admin interface (B bouton)

- inclusion, all fine excepted calibration which does not succeed

Problem is on ALL FGR-223 (I have 7 - I can't believe they all failed suddenly).

• Inquirer
  • Just to let you know that latest update 5.130.45 did not solve the issue.
    Support not answering anymore (after claiming I should update to beta version).

I have no solution so far...