Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

MCO Home thermostat - time synchronization

vskokosotthon

Question

Hi,

I want to ask for help. I hope someone can help.
The MCO Home thermostats show a different time than the HC3 and HC3L control panels. It does not synchronize the time.
Does anyone know what the solution is?
Thanks

13 answers to this question

Depends on the thermostat, generally not all supports setting time.
In mentioned topic there is information about MH7 - which one do you use?

Generally time is being synchronized during polling and on startup of the gateway.

So, enable polling for this module (for example set it to 24h, once per day - 86400s) - it will synchronize the time.

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, m.roszak said:

So, enable polling for this module (for example set it to 24h, once per day - 86400s) - it will synchronize the time.

Thanks your help.

Hey. I have the same thermostat - MCO HOME(MH7-EH-EU) connected to the underfloor electric wire loops (3.5kW).

Can you help me with a few issues I have?

1 - how do I tell if it is heating or not? Of course I can see this on the wall on the display but from Fibaro ? In details it says activity:active and mode: heating all the time. How do I know when it is energized and actually working?

2 - in settings/climate i created the heating zone, then I see the thermostat in climate panel. Schedule is working fine. But why climate/charts tab is unavaliable? Is it possible to see the history showing when it was idle and when active?

3 - as far as I can tell the device has no energy meter built in. Is there any way to set up some sort virtual meter? Since I know the power it runs on, this should be possible no? Similar to switch that you can tell Fibaro how much energy it takes when turned on?

@m.roszak Hi,

same issue with MCO MH8 - 4 pipe.  But polling / reboot does nothing.   Soft reconfig, add/remove still nothing. Time will not sync.  

MCO version 3.2 Template 883

HC3L version: 5.130.64.  Zwave engine 2.0

tried with HC3 and HC2 also. same thing. no time sync.

any ideas please ?

Edited by Momos

MH8 does not support any command class related to time management - so, it is not possible to synchronize the time by the gateway. 

Hi
    I have 6 x MCO Home MH7H-WH version 2.7 connected to my HC2 (4.620) and all of them show wrong time (i.e. one hour behind, as it was before DST change). I have tried both rebooting everything and also changing the polling interval to 300 and waiting more than 5 minutes, but the time stays wrong.

Anything else I could try?

Thanks!
    R

On 4/6/2023 at 1:37 PM, RiccardoCanetta said:

Hi
    I have 6 x MCO Home MH7H-WH version 2.7 connected to my HC2 (4.620) and all of them show wrong time (i.e. one hour behind, as it was before DST change). I have tried both rebooting everything and also changing the polling interval to 300 and waiting more than 5 minutes, but the time stays wrong.

Anything else I could try?

Thanks!
    R

problem solved - another reboot and time got synced!

Hello,

I have the same problem.

I use MCO MH7H-EH thermostat and HC3. The time is syncronised just if I reboot the HC3.

The polling is setup as show in the attached picture but not sync the time.

Do you have any solution or LUA schene for that issue ?

Please login or register to see this attachment.