Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wake up interval - temp sensor FGDW

Zientar20

Hi,

I am using FGDW as temp sensors in the rooms. It's not changing the temp indication to often. I change parameter 50, 51 and 52, but it didn't help. The last one I think might create an issue is WAKE UP interval. It is set to 21600s and I cannot adjust it. Can someone help me with it please. 

Wake up interval does not have any impact on reporting frequency. It just wakes up the device and apply the changed prameters. When you use a battery powered sensor and you change some paramater, you can easily manualy wake it up to get the data updated. Usualy the manual wake up is just a button press on the sensor. On the other hand. I dont know the 50,51,52 parameters definition as i am not using that sensor, but i am pretty sure, there are settings like "Minimum temperature change" or "Periodical reporting" that are affecting this behaviour. These two are mainly responsible for reporting frequency. I had some similar sensor in the past, and I used the "Minimum temperature change" for reporting, and I adjusted it to 0.1 °C, and it worked for me.

• Topic Author
  • @Neo Andersson thank you for reply

This is an issue. Parameters 50, 51, 52 are related to reporting temp change, but they do not performed as should. Few days ago I check it manualy by removing the battery from the sensor and temp change for more than 2 degC!!! Settings are to report temp every 15 min and when change for more than 0.2 degC. This is not one sensor only. All of them are perform exactly the same. 

• 6 months later...
    • 4 months later...

I'm currently using FGDW temperature sensors in the rooms, but I've noticed that the

Please login or register to see this link.

indications don't change very often. I've already attempted to adjust parameters 50, 51, and 52, but it hasn't improved the situation. The last parameter that I suspect might be causing the issue is the WAKE UP interval, which is currently set to 21,600 seconds, and I'm unable to adjust it.

Are we talking about inbuilt temparture sensor of Fibaro FGDW's door/window sensor??

Wake up interval will not have impact on value reporting frequency.

Parameters 50,51 ad 52 are responsinle for temperature reporting.

If you enable 52 and set some time, it means, that measured values will be sent always in given time period regardless of the settings in 50,51 which are responsible for treshold check and report.

If your settings are correct, and you still not getting rerports, i am suspecting that it must be a range issue or faulty device.

Beeing you i would try a soft reconfiguration or a complet re-inclusion. If it doesn't help, you might need to reach out for Fibaro official support.