Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Temperature is different for the heads with the same temperature sensor?

Bob Romijn

Question

I would like to know how the heat controller heads are measuring temperature when the external temperature sensor is connected. In my case I have 2 heat controllers which are connected to one and the same temperature sensor. One heat controller is in the front of the room, the other in the back.

Although they have the same heat sensor, they both show a different temperature which in my view is not possible. See below picture. In a case yesterday evening one was pointing out 21.5 where the other was 29.5!! I could understand that it was slightly warmer in the back of the room (the 29.5), but not that warm.

So I expect that there is something to calculate the temperature which I would like to understand.

Front of room:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Back of the room:

4 answers to this question

UPDATE

If they are connected to the same temperature sensor, the two numbers can not deviate in my opinion. I have never seen that behaviour, so maybe some expert can give us some info. They must be exaclty the same numbers, as they are coming from the same sensor. First, check if the Heat Controller shows that it has configured the external sensor properly, and it is linked to them. I am pretty sure, that some of your HeatControllers does not recognize the external sensor, so it uses its own internal temperature sensor. 

Edited by Neo Andersson

One thing to be mentiond. If you are comparing two graphs, and they have some differencies at first sight, always check the points int the graph (hover over the points), and check what time have they been measured. These times can vary across the graphs, but the curve itself can not be different. It must be very similar. If you had only differences at one part of the graph, that could happen, but you have two entirely different graphs, so there is something definitelly bad.

You can have differences at some points. 

EX: Head 1 gets the sensor data at 09:00 and get 20:00 °C measured, while Head 2 gets the info only at 09:02, and you just opened the window or something, and the value will be 17 °C. So somthing like that can happened, but the entire graph can not be different. It is impossible.

Edited by Neo Andersson

• Inquirer
  • 5 hours ago, Neo Andersson said:

UPDATE

If they are connected to the same temperature sensor, the two numbers can not deviate in my opinion. I have never seen that behaviour, so maybe some expert can give us some info. They must be exaclty the same numbers, as they are coming from the same sensor. First, check if the Heat Controller shows that it has configured the external sensor properly, and it is linked to them. I am pretty sure, that some of your HeatControllers does not recognize the external sensor, so it uses its own internal temperature sensor. 

Well, I was thinking the same, hence I ask :-).

For both devices it states that it has a temp sensor:

5 hours ago, Neo Andersson said:

One thing to be mentiond. If you are comparing two graphs, and they have some differencies at first sight, always check the points int the graph (hover over the points), and check what time have they been measured. These times can vary across the graphs, but the curve itself can not be different. It must be very similar. If you had only differences at one part of the graph, that could happen, but you have two entirely different graphs, so there is something definitelly bad.

You can have differences at some points. 

EX: Head 1 gets the sensor data at 09:00 and get 20:00 °C measured, while Head 2 gets the info only at 09:02, and you just opened the window or something, and the value will be 17 °C. So somthing like that can happened, but the entire graph can not be different. It is impossible.

Yes, I see you rpoint and that I didn't highlight the times. As you can see in the below pictures, the times were the same:

Is there a way to validate to which temp sensor the head is connected? I am pretty sure it is the same, but better to check....

Beeing you, first i would unlink sensor from both heads, then factory reset on the sensor, then re-link with heads. I am pretty convinced, that one of them is not linked correclty. Which one? I think theres no way to get that info.