Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Trigger scene if multiple conditions are true for a period of time

Anth

Question

All,

I want to run a scene if my bathroom fan is running, there is no motion detected and the humidity is less than some value for a period of 5 minutes.

It appears that in the triggers section of a block scene I can set a timer for a specific condition but not for all of the conditions?

My only other real option is to trigger the scene every 10 seconds or so if the fan is on then test the conditions in the Actions for the scene.

If anyone has any other suggestions it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

1 answer to this question

29 minutes ago, Anth said:

All,

I want to run a scene if my bathroom fan is running, there is no motion detected and the humidity is less than some value for a period of 5 minutes.

It appears that in the triggers section of a block scene I can set a timer for a specific condition but not for all of the conditions?

My only other real option is to trigger the scene every 10 seconds or so if the fan is on then test the conditions in the Actions for the scene.

If anyone has any other suggestions it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

You cant set a comoon timer for multiple conditions. You cen set them individualy. In your case i dont really see, why whould you need them to be met under one timer. Just as the first condition, set the motion part, so when the motion is not detected for ex 5 min, then (and only then) check the humidity level (for some time periond), and turn the fan off if its under some value. I think this is very straight forward solution. So the humidity check will not be performed, until the motion detection part will not be met (so for those 5 min, it will not check your humidity), only when system sees that there is no motion for 5 min, it will check the humidity.

Edited by Neo Andersson