Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Critical Alerts

Jamie

Question

Hi,

I have the FGS-222 connected to a float switch similar to this;

Please login or register to see this link.

Basically its a sensor that lets me know if our macerator that pumps our waste water out of the house fails and the tank gets above a certain level. My question is, what is the best role should I assign to the device? I need to be able to do the following;

1) Disable the ability to actually action the switch from the app / dashboard. I know i can hide this but I would mean I would lose visibility of the device. I only need to use the manual float switch and dont want the user to be able to close  or open the circuit.

2) Display when it was last seen. / notify when offline for more than a few hours I am petrified that the electrics will fail and I wont know the tank is filling up.

3) Ability to send a critical alert to the phone / email - even better Text / WhatsApp

I have tried setting it as a value device, which visually looks fine and when I operate the switch it does detect. Though it wouldn't let me use the critical push, just didn't save. I almost need it to be like a smoke detector but for waste water.

Ay ideas?

Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet