Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Courtain or regular/momentary switch for RS3 ?

Staszek.S

Question

Hey,

So I'm going to move my all window courtains from Ewelink to Fibaro.

1 - I can't find some explanation what difference is between RS2 and RS3 ? Is RS3 just newer, upgraded version of RS2 or what ?

2 - what kind of switch to use?

I was thinking about Livolo WW C702W this is dedicated switch for shutters. Has 2 buttons (up/down). One button press makes contact for 60 seconds, causing shutter to move. Next press stops the move.

The other option is to use standard momentary double switch, and let the RS3 the job to drive the shutter.

The manual only says that 'all buttons can work with RS3'.

My concern is that RS3 is the shutter driver, and the Livolo switch that I consider is also a shutter driver. Can we expect some sort of conflict here or not ?

I'd have no problem with wiring just need to chose the right kind of the switch :)

7 answers to this question

@Staszek.S

Livolo is really a blind controller containing electronics.
You will have a control conflict. It may be possible to program the Livolo for a 1sec pulse up and a 1sec pulse down. Then connect the Livolo outputs to the S1/S2 inputs on RS3.
The output to the shutter will then be from RS3 Q1/Q2.

• Inquirer
  • It is impossible to program Livolo courtain switch.

It holds the power to the output for the time set by factory - this is about 60 seconds and can't be changed by the user.

Even manufacturer says in manual ' if it takes more thank 60 seconds for your courtain to fully open/close, you have to press the button again':):)

So - does RS3 require just pulse signal ? Can't be driven with signal that lasts some time ?

What makes you use two devices / double costs? Design?
    Look in the manual and you will find the answer to your question. You can use a momentary switch (must use a short pulse) or a toggle switch (two extreme positions).
    If the pulse length cannot be defined as minimum (1 sec), and the permanent position cannot be defined (it opens after 60 sec), you cannot use the "glass" switch.

eM.

• Inquirer
  • I was using glass switches from Ewelink (wifi) but these can't be operated by Fibaro central.

I'm trying to simplify my setup.

I use Wallie switches in house, but my wife wants to keep the glass look by the windows.

So Wallie version of the shutter is not considered - these must be a modules.

I also have some Livolo momentary switches for lights, these are working good. Not the cheapest one, but already tried cheapest from Ali and I had a nights of wonders :) With Livolo no problems so far. So to keep design consistency I'd like to put Livolo switches with RS3 modules.

So you say that regular (not shutter design) momentary double switch would do the job ?

See the manual.
    Yes, it's the safest way to control it. The design of the shutter provides blocking of the simultaneous activation of the opposite direction, so it is safer. However, if you have two buttons that can be activated separately and there must be a delay between the presses (by which I mean that there will be no simultaneous activation), there will be no problem with the RS3 in basic mode

eM.

Yoooo... who doesn't know:

WAF = Wife Acceptance (approval) Factor.

And I can confirm, sometimes it is a very dynamic variable.

eM.

• Like 1