Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Clima Zone

Black83

Question

6 answers to this question

Quick App...it is kinda virtual device, that you can develop some functionality for. It is using LUA programing language.

• Inquirer
  • 16 hours ago, Neo Andersson said:

You can't..Unless you create your own QA for climate management and control your thermostats through that QA...

Is there a difference between creating scenes with time slots or using climate zones?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Black83 said:

Is there a difference between creating scenes with time slots or using climate zones?

Thanks

Yes, there are some differencies..The main difference is, that you need to create a lot of scenes. If you want to keep the 6 sections / day schema, than it is 42 scenes only for one thermostat/week. The other big difference is, with scenes, you dont have a direct access to your heating system in your app, that you can set your setpoints manualy for, if you want..Your heating system will be only controlled by those scenes. You can't change your setpoints on the fly (only the thermostat device is accessible, but if you change the setpoint on it, your scene will overwrite it)..I doubt it will be a sufficient solution for you..If you really need 6 sections for a day..I think you can try to create the zones regularly for the first 4 sections with Fibaro climate scheduler, and then create two additional scenes for the last two time slots..(i dont know if this would work, but i think it should)..but dont forget, you wont be able to overwrite your last two sections from the zone thermostat that is created for you in your app when you use Fibaro built in climate scheduler..To be honest, it is strange for me a little bit, that 4 sections/day are not enough for you..