Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Different default hidden slaves for FGS212 and FGS222 vs FGS223

nicopret

Question

While trying to optimise my HC2 zWave routing about three month's ago, I noticed that default hidden slaves differ between the older FGS212 and FGS222 double switches and the newer FGS223.

For the FGS212 or FGS222 the defaults after inclusion on my HC2 are: 
deviceID.0 – On/Off Switch - not hidden and allocated to relay1 switch
deviceID.1 – On/Off Switch - hidden and allocated to relay1 switch
deviceID.2 – On/Off Switch - not hidden and allocated to relay2 switch

For the FGS223 the defaults after inclusion on my HC2 are: 
deviceID.0 – On/Off Switch – hidden and allocated to relay1 switch
deviceID.0.1 – Remote controller
deviceID.1 – On/Off Switch – not hidden and allocated to relay1 switch
deviceID.2 – On/Off Switch – not hidden and allocated to relay2 switch

When I noticed this I thought I may have configured the older devices incorrectly many years ago and decided to swap the hidden/unhidden config on the older devices to be consistent with the newer FGS223 modules where deviceID.0 is hidden and deviceID.1 is used to control the on/off switch (example in spoiler below). I must admit I have never really understood why there was a hidden and un-hidden device for the same relay. I have, however, since seen a forum post which explained that this was for backward compatibility and that they are the same.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

I'm still desperately trying to locate what is causing random 503 errors on my HC2 and I’m once again reviewing the output from the SanityCheck script 1.1.5 by @petergebruers and in hindsight now realise that the hidden/unhidden swop was maybe not the correct thing to do? The ticket with Fibaro support to troubleshoot the 503 problem have been for open for 2months now and we have unfortunately not yet been able to identify the root cause.

Any advice or feedback from the Fibaro guru’s @Sankotronic @petergebruers@cag014  will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

2 answers to this question

Hi @nicopret ,

Master device is hidden by default. If for some reason is not then you can check Hidden option. All other slave devices that you do not need you can both hide and disable.

That is what I did with my Aeotec HEM 1 phase version which still added additional slave devices as it is 3 phase version:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Master device is with that carton box icon and it is hidden only. All other slaves are both hidden and disabled. Disabled devices are shown dimmed. HEM is working for very long time without any problems.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you @Sankotronic. My unused slave devices are currently set to hidden. I'm also going disable them now. All my master devices are hidden.

Even though it is not supposed to matter (since the hidden/unhidden slaves for SW1 are identical), I'm going to reverse the swop I made for my older FGS212 and FGS222 where I changed the defaults around (to be consistent with the newer FGS223):

1. deviceId.1 (from hidden --> not hidden) 
    2. deviceId.0 (not hidden --> hidden)