Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro motion sensor unexpectedly deleted or disconnected from HC2 or HC3

Sankotronic

Question

Hello,

First about my system: HC2 on 4.630 with 114 physical z-wave devices included.

First what happened is that one of the Fibaro motion sensors just disappeared from HC2 without any my involvement. HC2 was running smoothly during that time and nothing was touched or changed. Fibaro motion sensor that was deleted from the HC2 was with depleted battery. After reinserting new battery it flashed red which means not included to any z-wave network. I added it to HC2 without any problems. Question is how it is possible that z-wave device get removed from HC2 without me touching anything?

Today I noticed again that another Fibaro motion sensor is stuck in breach mode and when I checked sensor it was flashing on motion, but not on shaking (tamper). When battery is replaced it flashed once with red light which again means it is not connected to the z-wave network. Battery on this one is still OK. In this case, motion sensor is still visible in the HC2, only of course not updated.

Now I have to forcibly remove it from HC2 since usual removal does not work and then include it again.

Is there anyone out there with same problem? Is there any explanation why my eyes are kicked out from the z-wave network?

Thank you in advance for any information provied!

Edited by Sankotronic
changed title to include HC3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 answers to this question

Same, over the last six months this happened twice with a motion sensor, and also twice with a door sensor.

1 x motion sensor’s battery was flat, replacing battery gave red flash, was completely disappeared from HC2, had to reconnect. 
2nd motion sensor reacted on motion and tamper, but was no longer in the HC2.

Both door sensors had flat batteries, and both was no longer present in the HC2.

Most annoying, I’m now checking on a weekly basis whether all sensors are still connected. Not really reliable.

• Thanks 1

@SankotronicGood afternoon, more or less the same thing happens to me but in reverse... let me explain, I open the console in hc3 and there are many nodes that give me hardware errors, but they really don't exist (or I can't find them) and the Zwave network works quite badly for me, in summary... I have nodes that I have not added and the ones you have disappear.

1 minute ago, Wimjanse said:

Lo mismo, en los últimos seis meses esto sucedió dos veces con un sensor de movimiento, y también dos veces con un sensor de puerta.

1 x batería del sensor de movimiento estaba descargada, reemplazando la batería dio destello rojo, desapareció por completo de HC2, tuvo que volver a conectarse.
El segundo sensor de movimiento reaccionó al movimiento y la manipulación, pero ya no estaba en el HC2.

Ambos sensores de puerta tenían baterías descargadas, y ambos ya no estaban presentes en el HC2.

Lo más molesto es que ahora estoy comprobando semanalmente si todos los sensores todavía están conectados. No es realmente confiable.

I use a rechargeable battery in all my devices with fibaro batteries... but it doesn't work well, it tells me that it has 100% (always) and it goes from 100 to 0%, I have to be careful so that it doesn't run out of battery, others Sometimes it says that it has 100% and it really has zero because it is not communicating with the central

• Thanks 1

I just had the same thing happen with a Fibaro Door/Window sensor @Sankotronic.

It just disappeared off the z-wave network one day. I had to re-enroll it, and it was like it had never existed before. It just added like a new device the z-wave network had never seen before.

Very weird.

Since this morning, all my 4 motion sensors have reacted to movements and have acknowledged this by flashing. But none of my 4 motion sensors turn on the light anymore.

Had problems with a motion sensor a few days ago. Was suddenly no longer connected. I then set it to factory settings, deleted it from the system and re-integrated it. So it went again for two days. Now all motion sensors including the newly integrated sensor have problems.
My system ran for years without any problems. Now, after the server down and the new problems, there are doubts about the system.

• Inquirer
  • Hello @m.roszak, @A.Socha, @K.Drozynski,

Any comment on on such behavior, please? When my first Fibaro eye get deleted from HC2 I was away so none was touching anything on HC2. HC2 was just doing the job, controlling our house without any issues. All my other HC was turned off (developing HC2, developing HC3 and Yubii HC).

I have changed title hoping to see if there is similar unexpected deletion of included devices on HC3.

One of my motion sensors also disappeared last week while I was re-doing my UHAS installation. Battery was low and I replaced it, but it was still working fine just after the battery replacement. Later the day (evening) I noticed one of my ALC scenes was not working as it should. During troubleshooting I noticed from the debug logs that the sensor was missing and I was completely baffled how it "just disappeared" and I simply had no explanation for it.  I had to pair it again with my HC2 to get it working again. I'm glad to see that others also experienced the "disappearing trick" :-)

It may be related with the FGMS firmware itself, hub can't force device to clear its memory.
    I can only guess... but it is possible that due battery voltage drop during some operations on eeprom memory in the module it somehow became malformed - during boot up with new battery is just initialized the memory due some errors in it. 

I will report this to HW team responsible for the device.

• Thanks 2

• Inquirer
  • Hi @m.roszak ,

Thank you for this explanation.

I believe that similar problem exists on FGDW-001, but since it is EOL (End Of Life) best solution is to replace it with new FGDW-002 with which I never had any problems.

I have few more FGDW-001 to replace, but one is using external DS18B20 temperature sensor so will have to use FGBS-001 with reed relay for door open/closed state and this temperature sensor connected since new FGDW-002 does not provide connection for external temperature sensor.

• Like 1

In my case, the light switches (4 pieces) that are triggered with the PIR have lost the connection. Was able to restore them.

Edited by rcschoeni