Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Bugs in fibaro door sensor (parameters and battery change)

RSB

Question

Hello there!
I'm having two problems with fibaro door and window sensor... 

First, i changed batteries two days ago, but in the HC local access still gives me like its 0% battery... maybe somebody knows what to do

And second, I'm trying to change parameters in the sensors (the first parameter: "This parameter allows to set in what state is door/window when the magnet is close to the sensor") and it does not let me change it, cause i have a door that is open when magnet near, but i save the changes and the system automatically undo it.

i'm not sure what happens.. 
thanks everybody!

5 answers to this question

11 godzin temu, RSB napisał:

Hello there!
I'm having two problems with fibaro door and window sensor... 

First, i changed batteries two days ago, but in the HC local access still gives me like its 0% battery... maybe somebody knows what to do

And second, I'm trying to change parameters in the sensors (the first parameter: "This parameter allows to set in what state is door/window when the magnet is close to the sensor") and it does not let me change it, cause i have a door that is open when magnet near, but i save the changes and the system automatically undo it.

i'm not sure what happens.. 
thanks everybody!

I have exactly the same problem but with the zipato sensor.

• Like 1

@RSBHi try a soft reconfiguration:

Device Configuration > Soft Reconfigure Device

Wake up the door sensor: press the b-button 3 times. (Make sure the tamper button is pressed the hole time)

• Like 1

This has plagued me too. Now I finally went to the bottom of it. It turns out that both Gen 1 and Gen 2 draw a significant amount of current when actually doing something. The current drawn is in the order of 30mA, something that a normal ER14250 (ER1/2AA) does not (or possibly marginally) support, depending on brand. However a CR14250 (CR1/2AA) battery handles this without problems, despite a slightly lower nominal voltage. So do NOT buy ER14250 (ER1/2AA) batteries, but go for CR14250 (CR1/2AA). These are typically about half as expensive also.

Edited by hwolge
  • Like 1

Take out the battery, wait a minute and put it back in. This applies to all battery-powered devices.