Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Motion notification after a number of hours

In cerda

Question

Hi,

I try to setup a motion sensor if detects movement after a number of hours to send a notification. I work with HC3 block scene and i setup safe condition with 8 hours and motion detected, then push notification. But, I wonder, if the safe condition of 8 hours is exceeded, let's say 9 hours or 10 hours, then movement, is the notification still sent? Basically, I'm interested in sending a notification after a minimum of hours of no movement, when movement occurs

4 answers to this question

There is a parameter of any motion sensor that can delay the motion triggering for the given amount of window time, but this is limited i think to 3600 sec, so in your case this can not be used.

Regarding a solution by scenes, you can not do this in one scene (if I understood your issue correctly, you want the sensor to trigger an action on motion only in case if it was safe for 8 hours before the detection).

You need to save the information about the sensor beeing safe for 8 hours into a global variable. Let say name it "eighthoursafe"

1. Crate a block scene, where after the sensor is safe for 8 hours, it changes the variable "eighthoursafe" to TRUE.

2. Then create a simple block scene, where when a motion is detected, it will check as condition that "eighthoursafe" is TRUE. If not, it will do nothing, if true it will do what you want and along with this you need to set "eighthoursafe" variable back to FALSE.

Edited by Neo Andersson

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, Neo Andersson said:

There is a parameter of any motion sensor that can delay the motion triggering for the given amount of window time, but this is limited i think to 3600 sec, so in your case this can not be used.

Regarding a solution by scenes, you can not do this in one scene (if I understood your issue correctly, you want the sensor to trigger an action on motion only in case if it was safe for 8 hours before the detection).

You need to save the information about the sensor beeing safe for 8 hours into a global variable. Let say name it "eighthoursafe"

1. Crate a block scene, where after the sensor is safe for 8 hours, it changes the variable "eighthoursafe" to TRUE.

2. Then create a simple block scene, where when a motion is detected, it will check as condition that "eighthoursafe" is TRUE. If not, it will do nothing, if true it will do what you want and along with this you need to set "eighthoursafe" variable back to FALSE.

Hi,

But for create scene with sensor safe for 8h i can use Set time from Block scene?

1 hour ago, In cerda said:

Hi,

But for create scene with sensor safe for 8h i can use Set time from Block scene?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.