Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Home Center 3 Feature Request: “Device Calibration"

RedRocketFire

It would be nice to allow a user to supply device calibration points for dimmers. I could imagine specifying actual dimmer device levels for 1%, 10%, 50%, 75% would solve most light level problems. For example I would want to have 1% calibrated to the minimum value that a bulb starts producing light without flickering. For some bulbs I am up to 25% before it even turns on. When I make a request for a dimmer value It would make sense if the system looked at the two nearest calibration points and calculated a number that is appropriate. For instance if I tell the system to interpret 1% to equal 25% and also to 10% equal to 30%, then when I request a level of 5% it will do some math and give me a value halfway between 25% and 30% or a rounded up value of 28%. I would imagine in the GUI a 4 point drag line  on a graph would make this an easy way for a user to set the calibration levels.

It is now possible, everything is available in device parameters.
You can override automatic calibration settings as you wish.

• Like 1

Sorry for hijacking this topic.

Would it be possible to support "Device Calibration" for Fibaro Themostat via Web GUI also?

Right now I can select this via PIN and white light.

(I don't know why but I have to recalibrate some thermostats sometimes)?