Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Nightscenes with device as trigger

cieslak77

Question

Hi FIBARO Forum

I want my light in my drivway to lightup ONLY during nighttime (=between sunset and sunrise). My trigger is a fibaro smartimplant which opens my gates. I have NO motionssensor. I have made the general varible DAY/Night AND the 2 blockscenes, but that do not change anything. The lights in my drivway lights up all day AND night. HELP??? Totally frustreted. My old system (Homee) had "Sunrise, Daytime, Sunset, nighttime". I just made a scene only to play IF the condition NIGHT was met. How come it is so hard for the FIBARO TEAM to make that condition under the menu "TIME"?

The general varible works with my motionsensor at the front door! But not when a device is trigger. 

help is much appreciated

Kindly

Lars

(This is how I've tried to build my solution - but it doesn't work)

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_03/image.png.f87351ddf2a87634d467c6bf1b71600f.png" />image.png.56a7d6f569e5966539635cf8fbbaa37f.pngimage.png.a70b9818698ff57acd5a4a36433df425.png

9 answers to this question

@cieslak77Hello and welcome to the community.

For morning, evening, lights and gates situations, there is a special kind of secenes, called scenarios. 

Type add scene > scenario. Look below.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Try this:

You didn't include the sunrise options. The first device on the left is your implant trigger device:

Edit: in your scene with a global var click on the OR between the left blocks to make it AND. This may fix it too.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_03/image.png.9ad917899e03f21c179f65891d939077.png" />

Edited by Joep

• Inquirer
  • Hi Guys.

Thanke you so much for your interest. I would love to be able to use the scenario scenes Fabir, but when I choose "gates" - I have no gates! -so that I will have to look into.

Joep well spotted with the "AND"/"OR". I will try your suggusten - let you know how it goes.

Kindly

Lars

1 hour ago, cieslak77 said:

Hi Guys.

Thanke you so much for your interest. I would love to be able to use the scenario scenes Fabir, but when I choose "gates" - I have no gates! -so that I will have to look into.

Joep well spotted with the "AND"/"OR". I will try your suggusten - let you know how it goes.

Kindly

Lars

Unfortunatelly Fibaro has created these scenarios only for "real" gate devices..so its not enough to have an implant, or switch to control your gate engine. I will never understand why did they this, but it is like this...so in order for the gate to be visible in the scenario it must be a gate, it is not enough to set the role(e.g. our t4bus module (bidiZwave) or Nice BiDi drives connected via OXI ).

20 hours ago, cieslak77 said:

Hi FIBARO Forum

I want my light in my drivway to lightup ONLY during nighttime (=between sunset and sunrise). My trigger is a fibaro smartimplant which opens my gates. I have NO motionssensor. I have made the general varible DAY/Night AND the 2 blockscenes, but that do not change anything. The lights in my drivway lights up all day AND night. HELP??? Totally frustreted. My old system (Homee) had "Sunrise, Daytime, Sunset, nighttime". I just made a scene only to play IF the condition NIGHT was met. How come it is so hard for the FIBARO TEAM to make that condition under the menu "TIME"?

The general varible works with my motionsensor at the front door! But not when a device is trigger. 

help is much appreciated

Kindly

Lars

Please login or register to see this link.

This is something that actually can be achieved very easily, unfortunately i cant understand what scenes mean on your picture..it is not in english, so i cant find it out. And actually the Sunset/Sunrise condition is under the TIME conditions...right there, where you wanted it to be :-)

20 hours ago, cieslak77 said:

Hi FIBARO Forum

help is much appreciated

Kindly

Lars

Also I noticed, that in second and third scene you have 2 triggers..I think the second one should be a condition only..I dont know what it is, but I guess this is a variable for day/night...it should not be a trigger

• Inquirer
  • Hi Neo.
    Thank you for your interest. I have tried "sunrise/sunset" in "all of these are true" BUT it doesn't work. My Day/Night variable also doesn't work when it's a switch that triggers (works fine with my sensor!). So if you have a solution for a scene where when my smart implant (driveway gate) is activated at night, my outside light turns on, my garage door is activated and my garage light turns on, please tell me how. Right now I have a scene where if the driveway gate is activated and it's night, then activate the scene outdoor lights night and garage door night. The light goes on around the clock, and that's not the point!
    Best regards, Lars

Hi,

The solution might be to make another scene for the lights to turn off - there's no need for this scene to include the night variable option, just to set a time delay after your garage opens.  The question is also, have you made a scene for turning on the night variable - you would have to make another one to change the value of the variable to day. I have a similar configuration to turn on and off the front light with a sensor and have made four scenes. So far it works well. 

2 hours ago, cieslak77 said:

So if you have a solution for a scene where when my smart implant (driveway gate) is activated at night

Make a new Lua scene with the DECLARATIONS (Conditions/Triggers) that the scene triggers at the activation of the smart implant:

Please login or register to see this code.

Replace the id = 8 like with the id of your smart implant.

2 hours ago, cieslak77 said:

my outside light turns on, my garage door is activated and my garage light turns on, please tell me how.

In the ACTIONS section use the following code:

Please login or register to see this code.

This Lua scene runs when the smart implant is activated and between sunset and sunrise it turns on the outside and garage light and opens the garage door. When it's daylight it only opens the garage door.

Edit: this is how the final result looks in the Lua editor:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Joep
    Insert screenshot

• Inquirer
  • Dear everyone

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I have found the bug! It turns out that when you set a scene to play during "do the following", that scene skips the "conditions"! So I deleted my scenes to be play, and when I set my gate as a trigger in my night scenes, my variable works and it only turns on at night. PERFECT.
    Happy Easter.
    Lars