Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Z-Wave routing

Fyase

After a while finally we have a primitive real diagnostic on the system... It's fine hope will be improved with some new functionalities but now at least we have one...

Any chance to have the possibility, for certain devices, to add a preferred routing path? Would be really userful on certain situation

Thanks

We are planning to introduce in the future improvements in this diagnostic panel, I am pretty sure that it won't contain manual setting the routes for the nodes.
Maybe is some advanced Z-Wave network settings, even if - not in near future. 

as for

17 hours ago, Fyase said:

have a primitive real diagnostic

I am not sure how to respond to this, is this an encouragement or not ;)

• Topic Author
  • Just now, m.roszak said:

We are planning to introduce in the future improvements in this diagnostic panel, I am pretty sure that it won't contain manual setting the routes for the nodes.
    Maybe is some advanced Z-Wave network settings, even if - not in near future. 

as for

I am not sure how to respond to this, is this an encouragement or not ;)

yes it is :-D

I guess that could be useful to add, in addition to this panel, a routing panel. This could be useful to understand, in case of an high error trasmit rate, what device are involved between the device itself and the gateway.

Actually last working routes and neighbors is something definitely on the list to do in the future :)

• Topic Author
  • Hi,

in my installation I have a device, a smart implant, that is placed in a bad place and the signal was not stable / good.

I then realized that a repeater was necessary and as soon as I installed the issue ( loosing event ) was drastically reduced until almost zero.

With this update unfortunately seems to be again not stable as it was, with old release I had no issue for months. I already tried several time a complete zwave mesh reconfiguration without improvement.

Is anything changed on routing / path selection on this build?

Thanks

Raffaele

• Topic Author
  • Back on the last stable release and the issue I had seems to be solved.

I don't know if the was some mods on routing / path selection but in my case the beta doesn't work well

@m.roszak Do I have to check better on my side or something is changed on beta?

Thanks

Edited by Fyase

Nothing has changed in routing between those versions...
    I have one thing in mind, during the update gateway chip is powered down for some time and devices cannot reach it - it is possible that on protocol level routing has been altered a bit and it should fix itself up after several minutes. 

In general, we do not alter the routing settings in any way - we never done it in the past. This is something which is maintained by the SDK automatically, it is possible to trigger neighbors update manually from the settings by user interaction.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, m.roszak said:

Nothing has changed in routing between those versions...
    I have one thing in mind, during the update gateway chip is powered down for some time and devices cannot reach it - it is possible that on protocol level routing has been altered a bit and it should fix itself up after several minutes. 

In general, we do not alter the routing settings in any way - we never done it in the past. This is something which is maintained by the SDK automatically, it is possible to trigger neighbors update manually from the settings by user interaction.

Ok, thanks. I'll check again on next build....

I have done several zwave mesh reconfiguration with no improvement ( on beta ), with older version at first zwave reconfigurazione was back in order.

Thanks

Raffaele