Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGS-223 Parameter 11 explanation please

AlanHarvey

Question

Hi, newbie here. I'm want to use an FGS-223. I don't understand the user manual description of parameter 11. Can anybody explain please?

'

11. First channel - reaction to switch for delay/auto ON/OFF
modes
This parameter determines how the device in timed mode reacts to
pushing the switch connected to the S1 terminal.
Available settings: 0 - cancel mode and set target state
1 - no reaction to switch - mode runs until it ends
2 - reset timer - start counting from the beginning

'

What does ' 1 - no reaction to switch - mode runs until it ends'  mean?  I'm hoping that it means Q1 state remains unaffected for the delay time period as set but  a scene set up is sent to the controller or that the controller is notified that S1 has been activated. That would be perfect for my application.

Thanks in anticipation.

2 answers to this question

I believe this describes what happens when you press S1 again whilst it is already counting down in count down mode. Setting 0 will cancel the countdown.  Setting 1 will ignore your press. Setting 2 will start count down again.

Nothing to do with sending a scene activation. You want parameter 28 for that.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you Tim, I understand now.

What I''ve been trying to do is decouple the S1 and S2 inputs from directly controlling the Q1 and Q2 outputs so I can add some logic in the controller. It appears that this is not possible. I'm very surprised by this. It would appear that one way to achieve my objective is to get a second FGS-223 and use the S1 and S2 inputs on one to control the Q1 and Q2 outputs on the other via the controller logic. Does anybody have any other (printable) suggestions for doing this more economically?

Thanks.