Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remotec ZXT-800 - Fibaro HC 3

BGabor

Hi everyone, I need some help to integrate a new Remotec ZXT-800. This is a Z-Wave™plus compliant Z-Wave™-to-IR Bridge to control split air conditioner and entertainment devices by receiving Z-Wave™command and translating it to Infrared command.

What I want to solve with it is the following. I have a garage for two cars. The garage is also used for storing some spare food on shelves. Because of this, I have a split air conditioner working in the garage. When a car arrives in the garage, it quickly warms up the internal temperature of the garage (even above 35 C degree). Therefore, arriving at the garage, I switch on the A/C. Of course, I forget about it later and do not switch it off. With ZXT-800 I hope to handle this in an automatic way: when the garage becomes too hot, the ZXT-800 should switch the A/C on, and as soon as the internal temperature cools down, it should automatically switch the A/C off.

Now, I was able to add the ZXT-800 to HC3, which resulted in 6 new devices. All of them show, that they are not configured. One of them is a thermometer. I could create scenes to switch on and of the A/C, the only problem is, that the thermometer does not "move" together with the temperature. I attached the user manual...

Can anyone help me? To clarify my expertise to Fibaro HC3: it (i.e my expertise) does not exist. I am an enthusiastic user, trying to use this technology, and I was already able to solve some small automations in my house...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@BGabor

Hello, welcome to the forum.
You will probably be one of the little ones who has this new toy :)

And now to your problem.
I believe that you are prohibited from reporting according to the temperature change. To save battery, 0 is the default setting for parameter "30 (0x1E) - Set Auto Report Condition, Trigger by Room Temperature change".
The same applies to parameter "34 (0x22) - Temperature and Humidity Auto Report".
Connect the Remotec to permanent USB power and set these parameters to 1. This means autoreporting after 15 minutes and a report when a change of +/-0.5°C is made.

Write here how you manage to do it.

I have a different Remotec controller, but it too reports that it is "not configured". Tried a lot of things to remove that message, I concluded it was because there was no template provided by Fibaro for the device. It's safe to ignore the message. 

• Topic Author
  • 12 hours ago, Martin_N said:

@BGabor

Hello, welcome to the forum.
    You will probably be one of the little ones who has this new toy :)

And now to your problem.
    I believe that you are prohibited from reporting according to the temperature change. To save battery, 0 is the default setting for parameter "30 (0x1E) - Set Auto Report Condition, Trigger by Room Temperature change".
    The same applies to parameter "34 (0x22) - Temperature and Humidity Auto Report".
    Connect the Remotec to permanent USB power and set these parameters to 1. This means autoreporting after 15 minutes and a report when a change of +/-0.5°C is made.

Write here how you manage to do it.

Thank you for your answer. My Remotec runs on USB power. Now I just managed to set the parameters you advised, and I am just waiting to see, how it works...

• Topic Author
  • On 6/29/2023 at 10:37 AM, BGabor said:

Thank you for your answer. My Remotec runs on USB power. Now I just managed to set the parameters you advised, and I am just waiting to see, how it works...

I needed some time to test the system. Setting up those two parameters (30 and 34, both set to 1), AND changing the "Polling time interval" from "Device excluded from polling" to "Device will be polled at periodic intervals" at 180 s, the system started to work. However, it is not perfect. The problem is the following.

I created two scenes: one scene to start the AC, when temperature reaches 25 Celsius, and another scene to switch the AC off when the garage cooled down to the targeted temperature (23,5). The AC starting scene seems to work well. The problem is with the scene to stop AC.

The second scene's only action is to "Set thermostat mode" to Off. Sometimes this will switch the AC off as I wanted, but sometimes it swithces it on at a higher temperature (25) than the target. However, the AC runs in this case at a very low level, still it was enough to cool the garage down so, that the thermometer of ZXT-800 says 19,5, and therefore the scene to switch the AC off is triggered according to the polling interval. But the AC is not switched off by this. This all happened through this night, so I realized this situation in the morning. Then I started this same scene by hand, and the AC was switched off normally.

Can you give an advice what to do now? Why does it start the AC? Is there a different way to switch the AC off, than setting thermostat mode to off?

Thanks for your further advice in advance.