Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smart implant identifies as motion sensor

Flix123

Question

Hi

I have HC2 running 4.580 and a smart implant version 5.1 working perfectly. 

I just bought a new smart implant and when trying to add it to my HC2 it is not recognized as a smart implant but as a motion sensor. When I click on the device it doesn't give any of the usual configuration options I should get with a smart implant.  I think the version of the new smart implant is 5.2 (at least it says this when clicking on the motion sensor icon and viewing its configuration.). 

Tried removing, re-adding, reconfiguration. 

Any idea anyone?

Regards

Felix 

4 answers to this question

@Flix123Things you can try:

-Restart HC2

-Exclude the Ghost Smart Implant again. Make sure nothing is left, sometimes it takes more than one restart of hc2.

-If the Ghost Smart Implant still is visible, disconnect the power from Smart Implant, an try the above again.

-If now successful, power up SI again and reset it according to the reset procedure.

-Now update your homecenter 2, to the latest stable release 4.630

Please login or register to see this link.

-Try to include the new SI again. 

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, Fabir said:

-Restart HC2

-Exclude the Ghost Smart Implant again. Make sure nothing is left, sometimes it takes more than one restart of hc2.

-If the Ghost Smart Implant still is visible, disconnect the power from Smart Implant, an try the above again.

-If now successful, power up SI again and reset it according to the reset procedure.

Thanks for the tips. Will try this eve. However I am reluctant to update HC2 as it says "All devices previously added to the system that received support need to be reconfigured." I don't feel like spending hours getting everything working again as things are working pretty good at the moment. 

• Inquirer
  • 17 hours ago, Fabir said:

-Restart HC2

Another thank you: I took the plunge and updated HC2, and all went well. Now the smart implant is recognized fine.

Regards

Felix