Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Need Help with FGBS-222 Module and Anemometer Connection

gcosta56

Question

Hello Fibaro Community,

I'm working on a project involving the Fibaro FGBS-222 module and an analog anemometer that operates on a 12V supply and delivers a 0-5V signal.

I'm facing an issue that I hope someone here can help me with.

Setup:

• The anemometer has 4 wires: brown (Vcc), black (0V), blue (Signal+), and green (Signal-).
  • The brown wire is connected to the +12V controller, and the black wire is connected to the -12V controller.
  • The blue wire (Signal+) is connected to the IN1 pin on the Fibaro module.
  • The green wire (Signal-) is connected to the -12V controller.

Problem:
When the anemometer is not turning, it delivers a voltage of 8 mV.

However, when I connect the blue wire to the IN1 pin on the Fibaro module, the voltage reading jumps to around 0.14 V.

This discrepancy is causing issues in my system.

I've tried various configurations and settings, including adjusting parameter 20 on the Fibaro module, but I haven't been able to resolve the issue.

Questions:

• Is there a specific configuration or setting on the Fibaro module that I need to adjust to get accurate readings from the anemometer?
  • Could this issue be related to the internal pull-up resistor or impedance matching? If so, how can I correct it?
  • Has anyone else experienced a similar issue, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Any insights, suggestions, or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I'm happy to provide additional details if needed.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Guillaume

1 answer to this question

@gcosta56

Have you configured parameter 20 to the value 5 ?
A value of 5 means that you are using the SmartImplant's internal pull-up resistor which pulls the creep voltage down to zero.