Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Trying to get the output of Smart Implant to Normally Closed when connected to HC3

Ronald H

Question

Hi all

Have been using the Smart Implant with good success, but for the first time I want to set Output 1 to Normally Closed, so I set Parameter 154 to 1

However this o/p remains Normally Open. How do I force the Normally Closed option. Powering off then on again had no effect

9 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Thankyou Neo for your response, but am I missing something? It is the Output I want made to be Normally Closed, not the input, which is set to Monostable. Please correct me if I have misunderstood your response

Ron

@Ronald HI've checked with one of my Smart Implant, OUT1 and OUT2 react as expected. When I set parameter 154 to 1 = OUT1 = is normaly closed. And OUT2 does the same with parameter 155 to 1. 

Things you can try:

-disconnect the power supply to the SI and connect again.

-restart hc

-soft reconfiguration of the smart implant

-exclude / include the smart implant again. With or without security.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ronald H said:

Thankyou Neo for your response, but am I missing something? It is the Output I want made to be Normally Closed, not the input, which is set to Monostable. Please correct me if I have misunderstood your response

Ron

Yeah my bad..i didn't realize you are talking about output

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Thanks All for trying to help - BUT STILL NO GO

1. Have set Param 154 to 1 to set O/P 1 Normally Closed - no go - stays Normally Open

2. Have set Param 155 to 1 to set O/P 2 Normally closed - no go - stays Normally Open

3. The operate time on both Outputs = 1 sec

4. The outputs are switching an external relay via the same +12v that operates the Smart Implant

5. I assume that both Outputs are totally isolated dry contacts

6. Can a SI Output remain Normally Closed for many hours without a positive operation

7 Have tried powering off the SI and restarting the HC3

8. All parameter changes are manually taking place and saved through the HC3 Parameter section

What am I overlooking

Ron

Hi @Ronald H ,

before changing parameters 154 and 155 for output, have you checked how parameters 20 and 21 for inputs are setup and what you have connected there?

• Like 1

@Ronald H

I have already described the "strange behavior" of SI in the past. In a previous post I posted a link to the thread where I addressed this. Look at. Please give me feedback if this leads to anything.

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Hi to all who helped

I'm afraid in my ignorance and hours of trying using the above suggestions, I still couldn't get O/P 1 to be Normally Closed while it's I/P 1 remained isolated and set to Monostable.

So I did a workaround keeping O/P 1 to be Normally Open. At least the system works in this mode. But THANKYOU

Regards Ron