Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sankotronic LAB - preliminary work and preparation of UHAS for HC3

Sankotronic

Hello everyone!

Thanks to @jgab and his BIG help and tutorials I have started to work on UHAS for HC3. I still have to learn a lot and best learning is doing some work. Since HC3 Quick Apps are very good way of achieving advanced automation I have decided to first make some standalone solutions. I did some QuickApps in the past like:

and

but these are simple QuickApps and they do not have child devices. My next QuickApp is for Netatmo Weather station that generates child devices for all station data as on below picture with dark theme:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

As you can see from above pictures I have one complete weather station with rain sensor, anemometer and 3 additional indoor modules and one more station with no additional modules. Since I'm from Croatia modules has names are in Croatian.

HC3 does not put focus on look and feel, but just data values and I honestly don't like this small squares with just big numbers and very small icons. Not to mention that on Yubii app you can't see log field since they print there room name where device is placed. I used log field to show min, max temperature and trend, humidity and CO2 devices show if current level is healthy or not with color dots. Also, wind direction in number for me is not useful, I prefer to have it with letters showing from which direction wind blows e.g. NNW or North-North-West. But all this is not visible in Yubii app, so big minus from me for this visual and functional degradation for the old Fibaro app. 👎

I'm soon leaving home for work and will be away for about 4 weeks. I will continue work when I'm back home. Unfortunately QA will not be ready for publishing before I leave for work due to some personal things I have to do. Will publish when I'm back home.

Thank you!

P.S.

If you really, really want to test it and can't wait for another month, then let me know in PM and will send it to you. Remember, this is not final version and there will be some bugs that still need to be cleaned and some more features to be added :-)

• Like 5

Good you're taking the HC3 route :)

I have some simple things you maybe can use. Hit me on whatsapp when you want to start, @Bodyarthas done some things too.

• Like 1

This is awesome news! Your previous work was awesome and I had used for best part of 7 years and never had an issue one all was configured. 

Les us know when you have anything to test and I will be happy to help out where I can. 

Good luck!

Hal

• Topic Author
  • Hello again! :-)

Since Netatmo Aircare (Coach) has similar API a Netatmo Weather station, I'm happy to announce that Netatmo Aircare QA is also working fine:

QuickApp for Netatmo Aircare generates child devices for all Netatmo Aircare stations. here is picture in dark theme:

I have two Netatmo Aircare devices and are nicely both included :-)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • I'm still learning HC3 and playing with solutions.

Netatmo Weather Station QA is greatly improved in last two days. I added translation of the QA interface and all child QA, also QA is now supporting changing units metric/imperial, wind speed and air pressure. As soon as user changes those settings under the Netatmo account management QA will update those changes on the HC3 :-) That means that with this QA you can have wind and gusts speed in m/s, same as all other values in imperial units instead in only metric.

Next step is to add sending messages (as done with HC2 UHAS) and also checking integrity of the received measurements from Netatmo server to avoid any errors and keep QA always running happily :-D

there is one problem that I encountered and is related to the way values are shown on browser interface.

@A.Socha, @m.roszak or @K.Drozynski, why are values with decimal places shown differently on browser QA and on mobile app?

For example, my Netatmo rain sensor looks like this on browser:

QAdecimalonbrowserclosed.png.407f4476de01d2e6cbba3d18a0e485d2.png

As you can see it shows 5 mm/h of rain, but when I click on eye and open it then looks like this:

QAdecimalonbrowseropened.png.a13d88076878ab148d1f7e3aec0fb6b6.png

Big number still shows 5 mm/h, but now I can see also real value of 4,545 mm/h!

If QA of type "com.fibaro.temperatureSensor" can show decimal part of the value why then QA of type "com.fibaro.rainSensor" and "com.fibaro.windSensor" can not?

Same problem I can see on Yubii app:

QAdecimalonmobileclosed.png.9c38ff2da27f1fc32bc93c872f420401.png

and then when I open or extend QA by tapping on it I get this:

QAdecimalonmobileopened.png.e79b1107779b7cd3c304b912d179dde9.png

WHY? I mean if there are users that will use imperial units and rain amount is then shown in inches then they will only see 0 mm/h since in most cases value is less than 1 inch, which means decimal part is needed. Not to mention if wind speed is shown in m/s.

Another question is why log part of the QA is not shown on Yubii app:

QAlogentryonbrowser.png.7e5743ab14f9b8543c9d7355c2ff260e.png

As you can see on above picture I used that part to show min and max temperature and temperature trend, but on Yubii app that is missing:

QAlogentryonmobile.png.1fe3e54d935a23de47ff61b46290870a.png

WHY? If we can use it then why is not shown in mobile app?

BTW - Notice another discrepancy, Battery on browser for this module is still green, but in Yubii app is red :-P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Hi all,

I get no answer from Fibaro on above question. I still hope that there will be improvements with showing QA in YUBII app.

Just made QA integration for Nanoleaf lights:

Nanoleaf Aurora QA is only for Aurora light panels with support for Rhythm module and Nanoleaf Shapes QA is for Canvas, Lines, Elements and shapes including triangles and hexagons. Also added power consumption that can be setup depending on type and number of light panels.

Will continue with lights integration such as Philips HUE, LIFX and bleBox. Also working on integration of Netatmo cameras and Netatmo thermostat including radiator valves. Will take some time since I'm still learning HC3 :-)

• Like 3

Your Work looks great, I really appreciate it!

Happy to assist you with testing or feedback, just contact me for support

• Topic Author
  • Hi @PSi ,

thank you for offering assistance with testing. Will let you know when I will have it ready.

• 5 months later...
  • Topic Author
  • Hi all,

I was looking for integration of WeatherFlow Tempest Weather station with HC3, HC3Lite or Yubii Home, but could not find any that works properly. The only one I found on Fibaro marketplace uses child QA names for initialization and synchronization that can be broken if user change the child QA name. Also, this QA does not show properly measurements since it does not check user setup measurement units. Tempest API always sends measurements in default units, so it is the app that needs to check what unit is setup by the user and recalculate the measurement to the proper value.

Here is how my Tempest Weather Station QA v1.0 Standalone looks:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

And the main part with just few necessary buttons and labels:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2024_04/TempestWSmainQAv1.0inGUI.png.2243ad0944f0714da8d715fa361bdef9.png" />

Here are also variables that user can setup:

To make QA working user need Tempest station ID number and authentication token. QAlanguage variable is by default set to en - English. If variable is set to '-' then QA will use language set on HC3, HC3Lite or Yubii home. There are 32 languages available, but not all are translated. Since this QA is open source, user can correct translations that are stored in QA common.lua part.

You can download QA here:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Topic Author
  • Greetings to all!!! :-)

Just made another QA. It is Open Weather state QA as weather provider that also updates HC3, HC3L, Yubii Home GUI weather and of course Yubii mobile app weather state:

It can work without adding child devices, but it is also possible to add child devices for those users that want to use some of the measurements as triggers:

After adding child devices user can also remove those that does not need.

As you can see from above picture summer season is in full at my place :-)

QA is not yet available for download, but as soon as I do more testing and write User manual it will be available on both places: Fibaro forum download and Fibaro market place.

Next is to make Open Weather forecast QA and then also same for some other weather services like WeatherBit, Wunderground etc.

• Like 2

• Topic Author
  • Hello all,

I'm busy for last few days :-) Here is new picture of some of the work I'm working on:

On above pictrue you can see 3 new weather providers:

1. OpenWeatherMap - running
    2. WeaterBit - currently disabled because my free quota is used for today (only 50 calls per day :-()
    3. Weather Underground - running showing my Tempest weather station measurements + nearest forecast for this night. Since WU does not provide current weather condition I use forecast for nearest part of the day :-) same I did for HC2

You can see that OpenWeather is showing quite different weather condition than Wunderground, but I can say that Wunderground is more acurate since outside is really quite cloudy and there is high probability of thunderstorm in next 6 hours:

All above QA can be translated to many different languages by just setting preferred language in QA variable. Also, all QA support metric and imperial units and wind speed in m/s.

Still have to do some more debugging and testing.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Hello all,

Weather Underground weather provider QA is now extended to also show forecast for the next period, before noon it shows forecast for tonight and afternoon for tomorrow:

and also main QA:

WeatherBit.io weather provider QA is also tested:

and main QA:

WeatherBit.io weather provider does not include forecast because free plan allow only 50 calls per day (24h) and for current weather and forecast QA needs to do 2 calls for each. Even with one call users with WeatherBit free plan can check for current weather every 30 minutes. With forecast that interval then must be increased to every 60 minutes. Greatest value of this weather service is provided data for solar radiation and air quality.

• Thanks 1

Great job master Zoran. Keep up the excellent work!

• Topic Author
  • Hello all,

Since Netatmo changed token expiry time and now it is necessary to properly do calls for renewal of tokens I worked on new version 1.2 of both Netatmo Weather Station QA and Netatmo Air Quality QA. Here are some of the changes done to both QA:

1. added QA variable "auto_name" to enable or disable automatic setup of child devices names. Users can now set their names to all child devices and QA will not replace them.
    2. added QA variable "connection" which value is set by QA to 'false' if there is problem with connection to Netatmo servers and 'true' if properly connected to the servers. This variable can be then used by other code to check status of the QA connection and to user actions.
    3. Completely rewritten code for connecting to Netatmo servers. Access token is now refreshed when QA is restarted and then every 3 hours or when expired. Weather station data is refreshed every 10 minutes depending on the last cloud update from the station. Since station is refreshing cloud every 10 minutes there is no need to do more calls. QA reads last cloud update time and corrects time when to do next QA update.
    4. QA now checks if "Use the new views in mobile application" is set and adjusts HTML tags accordingly. Since new view does not support HTML tags it is recommended to leave this option unchecked for QA that need to display pictures and use more advanced HTML tags for displaying information on the QA labels. For Netatmo it is OK also to check this option since there is no special HTML tags used.
    5. Wind direction child device now show abbreviation for wind direction in the measure unit and not QA log, so that can be visible on mobile apps too. I do not know why Fibaro decided not to show QA log label on mobile apps, so the only way to show textual data is to add it to the measuring unit.

Also I think that after a week of testing my weather providers they are ready for publishing. Give me just few days more to write some decent manuals. Still have to do forecast for OpenWeatherMap and WeatherBit. Weather Underground forecast is already done, just need to add few things :-)

• Like 3

• Topic Author
  • Hello all,

I published on 29/06/2024 @ midnight 3 updated QA and 3 new QA.

MPORTANT NOTE - Due to upload file type restrictions imposed by Fibaro for Quick Apps, after downloading file with FQA extension, change this extension to ZIP and then unzip package. In this ZIP package you will find PDF User manual, Quick App and folder with icons. Please follow User manual for installation & upgrade. I hope that Fibaro will remove this limitation in near future since there is no such limitation on Fibaro Marketplace and even here for Virtual Devices.

NOTE - I know that some users will not like that this QA is encrypted. Since license is now changed to donation-ware, I can send original code or even unencrypted QA, but only to users that will donate. If you find my work useful to you then please donate what ever you think is worth or at least VOTE and give some stars! Thank you!

Updates:

Also NEW weather providers:

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Posted (edited)

Hello all,

Thanks to @jsauser11 that give feedback for Weather Underground I'm now working on corrections for all weather providers.

I forgot to test weather providers if temperature and wind units are changed on Fibaro controllers. If user change temperature unit on controller from Celsius to Fahrenheit and also setup "imperial" units on weather provider then temperature shown on child devices of temperature type is wrong since it is recalculated by controller from Fahrenheit to Fahrenheit which gives wrong values.

I'm now correcting weather providers to check measuring units setup on controllers (HC3, HC3L, Yubii home, Z-box) and use them to retrieve data from weather providers servers and recalculate values as necessary. The QA variables "units" and "wind_ms" will be removed as they are not needed anymore.

I hope to publish new version in two days.

NOTE - users that have set temperature to Celsius on their controllers are not affected with this bug.

Edited by Sankotronic
    added NOTE

• Topic Author
  • Hello all,

All three weather providers are now corrected and uploaded here in download section and on Fibaro Marketplace.