Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to trigger multiple instances that require setTimeout

Angelus

Question

Hi, i'm trying to create a single Light Check scene that is triggered by change in LUX sensors from around the house, and after a pause of x minutes it runs checks in the room corresponding to the trigger to adjust light brightness.  

However, when i try to use hub.setTimeout, the instances don't seem to 'stack' ie. when LUX A is triggered and paused, if LUX B is triggered, the scene only completes LUX B's checks and forgets about LUX A -

Please login or register to see this code.

as you can see, Study LUX shld have triggered a check but only Living LUX was captured.  

I tried inserting setTimeout into the if statements as well -

this doesn't work either - despite multiple triggers only the last triggered scene is running

Any gurus able to advise what i'm doing wrong? 

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Angelus said:

Hi, i'm trying to create a single Light Check scene that is triggered by change in LUX sensors from around the house, and after a pause of x minutes it runs checks in the room corresponding to the trigger to adjust light brightness.  

However, when i try to use hub.setTimeout, the instances don't seem to 'stack' ie. when LUX A is triggered and paused, if LUX B is triggered, the scene only completes LUX B's checks and forgets about LUX A -

as you can see, Study LUX shld have triggered a check but only Living LUX was captured.  

I tried inserting setTimeout into the if statements as well -

this doesn't work either - despite multiple triggers only the last triggered scene is running

Any gurus able to advise what i'm doing wrong? 

Scenes can't run in parallell - e.g. you can't have 2 scenes running at the same time.

Either your new triggered scenes kills the one already running (so you lose that setTimeout) or it waits for the running scene to complete first (e.g. its setTimeout to execute)

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, jgab said:

Scenes can't run in parallell - e.g. you can't have 2 scenes running at the same time.

Either your new triggered scenes kills the one already running (so you lose that setTimeout) or it waits for the running scene to complete first (e.g. its setTimeout to execute)

ahhh i see... so how do i have newly triggered scenes wait for the first to complete? 

23 hours ago, Angelus said:

ahhh i see... so how do i have newly triggered scenes wait for the first to complete? 

There is an option in the GUI for scenes

"Allow to restart a running scene: "

• Like 1