Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Multiple temperature sensors

Damir Popovic

Question

I've installed several fibaro heat controllers in my house.

In particular rooms I usually have Fibaro motion sensors and they have temperature reading.

I haven't find anywhere whether I can use these Motion sensors in Zone configuration in order to improve operations of Heat controllers.

In Zone configuration I am able to pick both sensors - one from the radiator and one from the motion sensor.

What should I do?

Pick only motion sensor one or both?

Anybody knows how heat controller will behave in either case?

1 answer to this question

@Damir Popovic

Radiators are often mounted below the window in the room. When the radiator thermostat, like the fibaro heat controller, is mounted on the radiator, it shows 1-2 degree celsius below the temperatur, that is in the middle of the room. If the heating zone is following the temp of the heat controller, it is getting to hot in the middle of the room.

If you have the fibaro heat controllers, you can use the additional temp sensors described

Please login or register to see this link.

.(extra temperature sensor)

Then the heat controller can follow the temp sensor placed in the middle of the room. 

In the heating zone configuration, you can choose the temp sensor the zone should follow. For each zone, you should only choose one temp sensor. 

The fibaro motion device with temp sensor is normaly mounted on top of a wall, where the temp is higher. Therefore you would need to offset the temp, one degree Celsius below. 

Also the standard threshold for reporting temp changes to the zwave controller is set to 2 degree celsius. If the temp in room is going up and down by 2 degree celsius, this is not comfortable.

If you reduce this treshold, this will result in shorter batterie life for the sensor.

Therefore for this use case, I'm using temp sensors with power supply, like the aeotec multisensor 6 and the fibaro walli controller.

Edited by Fabir