Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 why a scene is triggered every time the turn-on command is sent?

JGasiorowski

Question

I've set up an association (group 2 - alarm sustaining 5s) between the motion sensor and the RGBW controller.

LUA scene:
Trigger

Please login or register to see this code.

Action

Why is the scene run every time that motion is detected? Even if the RGBW Controller is turned on.
I want the scene to start only when the RGBW Controller changes the status from turned off to turned on. I would expect that from this trigger.

2 answers to this question

Why is the scene run every time that motion is detected? Even if the RGBW Controller is turned on. - because there is a trigger:

it mean that scene will start everytime when the status of RGBW device will change (state from off to on is the change, state from on to off is the change too).

You have to use a condition in the scene, to check the device status, for example:

local RGBW_status = hub.getValue(338, "value")

if RGBW_status == 0 then       --when is off, then do...

else          -- when is on, then do...

end

• Inquirer
  • It is triggered twice in a row:

[10.11.2023] [14:58:34] [DEBUG] [HALLWAY LIGHT]: Set color after 6:45 LUX = 72.0

[10.11.2023] [14:59:25] [DEBUG] [HALLWAY LIGHT]: Set color after 6:45 LUX = 4.0

[10.11.2023] [15:37:19] [DEBUG] [HALLWAY LIGHT]: Set color after 6:45 LUX = 82.0

[10.11.2023] [15:39:42] [DEBUG] [HALLWAY LIGHT]: Set color after 6:45 LUX = 3.0
    I've assumed that the association changes the status of the device every 5 seconds, because of the alarm-sustaining parameter. But that may be a false lead, why is it triggered twice?